Japan 2013 Day 3: Odaiba and Minato-Mirai

From Hinode Station , we traveled back to the train station at the World Trade Center. The train station was underneath the huge building...


From Hinode Station, we traveled back to the train station at the World Trade Center. The train station was underneath the huge building. We alighted the train and went out of the station. We looked for places to eat around the area.


Nice touch.
Around the block, we found this restaurant with a table of foods lined up outside. There were Filipinos looking at the menu and talking aloud to the manager/waiter. They were actually making a bargain, asking if they could share one plate and which plates would they choose. It was a bit funny because we know exactly what Filipinos do when they eat out in a group. Since Japanese food is pretty costly and the servings are big, then why not share if you can right? Well, we could not wait any longer and the food did not fit our liking so we ended up looking for more.

We ended up eating in a restaurant inside the train station. The food was delicious. If I could remember it right, I ordered tempura. Or was it tonkatsu? Haha! I honestly could not remember.



Since Dad had to go to a gathering with his fellow convention attendees, so the "youngsters" (haha) traveled to Odaiba to see the famous Gundam and to look around the area as well. We alighted at Shimbashi station. Then went out of the station to walk towards the Yurikamome line. It was the line that took us directly to Odaiba. Pretty fast. But the train ticket was around 300 yen one-way.


Odaiba was an artificial island in Tokyo. It is mainly filled with plain colored buildings. Minato, Koto and Shinagawa districts were situated in it. It is also filled with shopping and entertainment areas.

Mini Liberty

Light shines on.
Let me introduce to you ladies and gents, the Gundam... the Fan and well, the Tourist. I could also pass for a Viewer due to the lazy afternoons I spent with my brothers watching the show. But not the entire show, I guess.


Ang gwapo lang niya... hahaha

Here is a video of it moving and talking.. I wish it could dash away into the sky.


Diver City
We explored Diver City and Venus Fort...

Car exhibitions
Venice-themed shopping mall
Scandinavian Families: The toys I loved to collect but I never did. ((: 
Reminds me of The Venetian hotel

There were these two children, one boy and one girl, who kept on playing a camera chase with us. It all started when the girl did something naughty to the boy. I could not remember what. But it was a naughty trick. We took one photo of them and they started hiding from us. Both of them were quite amusing. We snapped some random shots of them.




During the train ride, we saw another pair of children playing this Japanese version of Jack N Poy. It was really funny. They were making poses that I have never ever seen before. Lol.



Our next stop was Minato-Mirai, Yokohama. It was the same place we visited yesterday. The only difference was we visited at night this time. The place was lighted beautifully. I would not mind making a long walk in a place like this.


6:00
Hello, Moon
I was not able to notice that we didn't even sit down the whole afternoon. My feet and legs were getting a bit sore. So was Erik's I guess. Haha! But it was weird because I did not feel it that much. When we were done exploring the place, we sat down on the stone and grassy steps in front of the bay and rested for awhile.


There was a man who resembled Electro in The Amazing Spiderman 2. Lol! We took pictures and videos of him.

Then we ate in a... sushi restaurant again! This time, with the sushi train. Yay! (:


Sushi train
We kept on missing our train...


<3
I feel really blessed because God has given me an opportunity to experience all these in one day. He has really been good to me. He has provided me with a Dad who loved this country and who instilled the same love in me when I was young. He has also provided me with friends who I could meet up with and build friendships with. I was certain then that the rest of my stay in Japan would continue to remind me of His goodness. <3

Oyasumi! (:

Next: Tokyo Big Sight

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram

All rights reserved. © 2018 Kaye Sigua

Everything in this blog is created by the owner unless otherwise stated. (:


Total Pageviews