Japan 2013 Day 7: Matane, Nippon!

Our last day in Japan consisted mostly of shopping since we had to buy Japanese goodies for family and friends back home. We got lucky becau...

Our last day in Japan consisted mostly of shopping since we had to buy Japanese goodies for family and friends back home. We got lucky because there was a supermarket nearby that sells Japanese goodies like sembei/senbei (rice crackers), chocolates like different flavors of KitKat, nori (seaweed), etc. Also, there were a lot of convenient stores where we could buy some chocolates.

Dad wanted to buy a new camera lens for his Canon 40D because his default lens was malfunctioning a few years ago. I was more than happy to visit Yodobashi at Akihabara with him. After circling around the rows of lens: Nikon, Canon, Tamron, and Sigma, we decided to buy a Tamron lens instead. It was a good thing that I could also use it for my 500D. Buying the same camera brand is more practical for a family because sharing lens would not be that difficult.


Dad bought AF18-200MM on the right
Oh, hello there Yuki!
On our first day in Japan, one of the main reasons why Dad and I went to Akihabara was to find the Hakuhinkan store with Studio Ghibli products where my Dad bought his gifts for me before. However, it was under construction. So we visited the Hakuhinkan Ginza branch instead. It was only a 10-minute walk from our hotel. I didn't buy much. I only bought a chibi-Totoro, the mini white Totoro. I wanted to buy a chu-Totoro or Zuku (blue Totoro) but I hesitated because I was not sure of the size.



My O-Totoro or Miminzuku (grey Totoro) was 16 inches. When I got home, I found out that I had to buy a 8-10-inches blue Totoro. I bought the smallest white Totoro on the left that could be seen in the picture above. I should buy the blue Totoro with a bag on the middle right NEXT TIME. I wanted them all to be proportional in size. OC lang!

My Totoro babies ((:
Pretty expensive. ((:

Jiji

House in My Neighbor Totoro
Before 12 noon, we headed straight back to the hotel to pack our bags. Then we checked out and left our bags in the hotel lobby. We were 5-10 minutes late in checking out. But the hotel employees were really polite and cheerful. They served us with genuine smiles on their faces. It was unbelievable.

We walked to Ginza in order to buy Dad's train tracks. He was really determined to buy the train tracks this time. I am happy that he has found one. The train tracks on top of our living room and dining area would be complete. My Dad was a living example of a hobbyist who does everything for his hobby. It is funny and admirable at the same time.

While Dad was waiting for his train tracks, I walked down to the Fujiya shop to buy two packs of Milky candies. I could not let this Japan trip pass without buying my favorite milk candies.


Back to the hotel, we gathered our bags and rode the JR line back to Tokyo station. From Tokyo station, we bought Narita Express (NEX) tickets to take us to the airport.








When we had finally passed the immigration, I exchanged my last money in pesos to yen in order to buy a box of Tokyo Banana and a box of Royce' White chocolate, my favorite since the day a friend gave it to us during Christmas Day. I love white chocolates more than the dark and milk chocolate.

In the airport, most of the passengers were Filipinos. The flight was delayed. It was a good thing that Dad and I used the luggage cart with us to organize our luggages.

Loving the Jap food in the plane
Drumline

The train tracks got us into a little trouble while we were checking in. At the check-in counter, we were allowed to bring it to the plane. However, the officer that screened our bags told us to check the train tracks in because it was considered a fragile item. Lesson learned about bringing fragile carry-on items: Make sure the person at the check-in counter has checked with the officers at the plane to avoid the hassle.

Back to Philippine Time
The next day, I had a special breakfast with a cup of tea and two pieces of Tokyo Banana. The Tokyo Banana tasted good, more like the bread with a filling inside that I usually like in local bakeries. But the Tokyo Banana was less sweeter and the filling was more thick and dense. 

Quiet Time




I am so thankful to God that He made a way for me to go to Japan with my Dad. I was so unsure about going at first that I set it aside already and left it all to God. There was no way that I could save up for the trip. But God made a way. It was all a gift from my Dad which came from our Heavenly Father. Sometimes I could not stop but wonder why I went there when I could do that in a later time. But I believe that God always has a major reason why. And though it might not be revealed to me now, I am sure that He has a greater purpose in mind, one that not a single person knows of. I completely entrust it all to Him. 

Not by my works but faith. All thanks to Him.

Matane, Nippon! (:

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram

All rights reserved. © 2018 Kaye Sigua

Everything in this blog is created by the owner unless otherwise stated. (:


Total Pageviews