Japan 2013 Day 6: A Night in Shibuya

One of the things I admire in my Dad is his heart for God. Seeing one of the persons he reached out to share the Word of God in Japan was a ...

One of the things I admire in my Dad is his heart for God. Seeing one of the persons he reached out to share the Word of God in Japan was a blessing. We had a wonderful opportunity to meet Tito Joel during our last night in Tokyo.

Now walking to the famous Shibuya Crossing
Dad and Tito Joel 
Me and Dad
Passing by the most profitable Starbucks Coffee shop in the world.

While walking, I told Daddy and Tito Joel that I loved the vibe in Shibuya. It was so youthful!




Searching for SUSHI!
Tito Joel is now a pastor in the Tokyo Baptist Church. I am amazed by how God used my Dad to reach out to this man who is now serving God in a foreign country. He told us about the times when he would hide from Dad or make excuses not to meet Dad. Haha! But looking at him now, I couldn't just imagine him doing that before. Hearing his stories about his family, church, and Japan blessed us.




Here are some old photos that I found with Tito Joel. Some were photos when Dad was still single.

Spot me, Tito Joel, Paul, and Mom ((((:


Awww ((:
Since Tito Joel had to go to church for a meeting, we parted ways after dinner. It was really kind of him to instantly make time for us despite his busy schedule. I pray that Tito Joel and his family would continue to be mightily used by God in Japan.

The moon looking like an eye (:

Dad and I did some shopping since most of the shoes were on sale. He bought Paul a pair of the classic white low-cut Converse sneakers. I, too bought myself a pair of the classic black mid-cut Converse sneakers. I had been planning to buy one back in the Philippines so I just bought one in Japan instead.


Converse made in Japan vs. made in China.
The difference between the Made in Japan Converse and the Made in China converse were obviously the quality. Those Made in Japan were leather and high in quality. Pulido ang pagkagawa. No glues sticking out. Fine finish. The difference can be seen up-close.

Dad and I checked out the H&M store nearby. We bought clothes and accessories for Mommy, Paul, Luke and for ourselves. This was the time when Dad discovered his favorite polo checkered shirts. Take note: This is one of the bessst H&M shops I have ever seen. There were so many floors. Each store has one category. I wanted to buy many but I could not really shop that much. Clothes were not in the priority list. But I would really go back to this H&M branch when I get back to Tokyo. It is one of the best H&M branches in the world.

After H&M, Dad and I split up. He went around to find a hobby shop and I just looked around the Shibuya stores and took pictures.





Happy Halloween! ((:





Of course, Dad and I could not leave Shibuya without visiting the famous dog Hachiko in front of the Shibuya station exit. The faithful dog, chuken Hachiko, was an inspiration to us. His story inspired us to love Akita dogs. That is why we have Akita dogs named Yuki, Sachi, and Hachi (now deceased).





He was truly a life-size representation of the dog. I first thought it was a big statue. But the size was just right. I could not resist asking my Dad to take a picture of me with him.


Hachiko figures were even decorated on the wall in front of the station.




And that was our wonderful night spent in Shibuya. I wish to explore this place more in the future and take better pictures such as get to the 2nd floor of Starbucks and take a picture of the Shibuya crossing (friend's recommendation haha). That would be really nice!

Next: Slipping Away

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram

All rights reserved. © 2018 Kaye Sigua

Everything in this blog is created by the owner unless otherwise stated. (:


Total Pageviews