Letters from Seoul: Saranghae, Studio Ghibli! - November 2014 Day 2

Last October 2014, I was extremely looking forward to our visit in Studio Ghibli Museum in Mitaka, Japan. However, tickets were sold out. We...

Last October 2014, I was extremely looking forward to our visit in Studio Ghibli Museum in Mitaka, Japan. However, tickets were sold out. We also found out booking starts the first of every month and three months ahead. So we should have bought tickets on September 1. Due to my dismay, I prayed to God that I will either go there with my family or with my future boyfriend/husband. ((:

When I found out about the Studio Ghibli Exhibit at I'Park Mall in Seoul, South Korea, I knew then that "This is it!" There were no online bookings or reservations so we went directly to the exhibit area without even lining up. The entrance fee was 15000 KRW or approximately P614.18 for adults. This exhibit would last until March 1, 2015. Since we visited on a Thursday, there were few people. We had the chance to take our time in each display. We had a very comfortable experience.

All along, I thought the exhibit was made by people in South Korea. But during the exhibit, I asked one of the attendants and they told me that everything was made by Studio Ghibli Japan. Excellency in the work could be found everywhere. I fell in love with the designs and details of each display. The design team made it look like as if each visitor was part of the films. There were beautiful transitions from one film to the other. The exhibitions included Howl's Moving Castle, Princess Mononoke, Pom Poko, My Neighbor Totoro, Porco Rosso, and Spirited Away. The only disappointment was my most favorite films were not included: Kiki's Delivery Service and The Wind Rises. At least, the most famous ones and some of the beautiful ones were there. And I was more than happy just to see anything Ghibli! We also visited the souvenir shop and bought some goods. The prices of the products were similar to the prices of the Studio Ghibli products in Japan.

Here goes God's third letter to me:

Dearest Kaye,

I feel your joy! I brought you here because I want to see the joy of a child in you. It took a little time for I long to see your focus and dependence in me. You have remembered my promise. As your father, I have granted it and I will continue to fulfill more of my promises to you.

Calcifer


Howl <3




Daughter, I want you to enjoy and savor each moment. I will watch over you and protect you because you have a childlike faith (Psalm 116:6). Stay focus in me and depend in me. You are not self-sufficient. Without me, everything else is meaningless.


Ashitaka
San a.k.a. Princess Mononoke and the wolves
Ashitaka and the Great Forest Spirit
Great Forest Spirit
Kodama or Tree Spirits 
Pom Poko


Mei and Satsuki

Totoroooooooooo <3


Dreamt of this for a looong time. (((:
Porco Rosso, a film that I haven't watched in full ((:


Spirited Away
Yubaba
No Name Face
Chihiro



Remember that I will provide for your every need always.



Bought some "useful" souvenirs ((:

"He who did not spare his own Son but gave him up for us all, how will he not also with him graciously gives us all things?" (Romans 8:32) 
                                                                                                               
Meet you in Mitaka,
Your Best Friend 

If I would send a thank you note to God, I will say this: "Saranghae, God! I will be forever grateful for this gift. Kamsahamnida! " (:    

Up Next: Tricked and Iced!                                                                                                                      

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram

All rights reserved. © 2018 Kaye Sigua

Everything in this blog is created by the owner unless otherwise stated. (:


Total Pageviews