Japan 2013 Day 1: Ueno says, "Okaerinasai!"

From Ueno Station, we walked a few blocks to Ueno Park which is located in central Tokyo. I had a tingling feeling inside of me. I felt...



From Ueno Station, we walked a few blocks to Ueno Park which is located in central Tokyo. I had a tingling feeling inside of me. I felt like I had really been there when I was 2 or 3 with my parents. We were walking pass Ueno Zoo when Dad asked if we would like to go inside.


Since I have never seen a panda bear before, we decided that it would be a good opportunity to see one. So even though we felt like we were too old for a zoo, we entered and enjoyed every animal we set our eyes on.


Seeing a panda bear for the very first time, I smiled widely as I watched him. He was very playful. Due to the many people who visits him each showtime, he seemed to be used to all the attention already. Playfully cutting the bamboo sticks in half and portraying a happy face made everyone smile and laugh at him. He was a sight to behold.










I wished to see the owl. But it was nowhere to be found.



I remembered Richard Parker from Life of Pi when I saw the Tiger. Hee hee. 


I would really like to return to Ueno Zoo when the leaves are red or when the cherry blossoms are in full bloom. My family would be the best companion just like old times.

The zoo was enormous. We could not go to the western side due to lack of time. When we finished going around the eastern side, it was nearly 5:00 p.m. which was the zoo's closing time. So we decided to exit the zoo and spend more time around the dry and wet market nearby named Ameyoko, short term for Ameya Yokocho meaning candy store alley. I did find plenty of candy souvenirs there such as different flavors of KitKat. What amazed me most were the goods in the wet market which were sold in a very high price. Can you imagine buying a shitake mushroom for 65,000 yen?



This is street food: Japan style.


The mangoes are pretty much sold here for a VERYYY high price, eh??

Near the Yamanote line station, there were a lot of restaurants. We could not easily decide where to eat. But we wanted something with soba and tempura so we chose the restaurant that serves them.


I keep on meeting friends in different places across the globe. I am indeed thankful to God for giving me wonderful companions throughout my trips. I might not have enjoyed it so much without them. Knowing that there is someone to share a particular experience or moment in a foreign country is priceless.


Dad and I had a great time with ate Jonep. However, we had to say goodbye to her that night. Her life in Japan had just begun. When we said our goodbyes, Dad and I went straight back to Ginza to check out the hobby shop and Fujiya building. My blog about Fujiya's "Milky" would be in a different blog. Hihi.




I have lived with a hobbyist all my life. So these TAMIYA color spray paints were really familiar to me. I used to play with them when I was a kid. The colors fascinated me. I didn't use them as sprays but as "people" though. I imagined they were people with different colored faces. HAHA.




We got back to our hotel, I looked at some of our pictures in Ueno Zoo 23-24 years ago. I could not help but smile at how beautiful they were.

Here's my beautiful Mom. Spot me. 
Here's me and my Dad. ;)



Japan is truly a part of who I am. I am so thankful to be able to see it again with my Dad after a very long time. I do hope my whole family and I can visit this country together soon.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram

All rights reserved. © 2018 Kaye Sigua

Everything in this blog is created by the owner unless otherwise stated. (:


Total Pageviews