Japan 2013 Day 1: The First Meeting with 'Peko-chan'

Since I was a kid, my tongue has been wanting to savor a candy called Milky . It is quite similar to the Chinese milky candy White Rabbit . ...

Since I was a kid, my tongue has been wanting to savor a candy called Milky. It is quite similar to the Chinese milky candy White Rabbit. But I like anything Japanese so Milky was my favorite milky candy. Milky is quite sweet, a little softer than the other milky candies I've tasted, and sticky in the mouth. Unlike other milky candies, Milky has just the right amount of sweetness, hardness, and stickiness. It does not stick much on the teeth. I also don't have the feeling that my teeth won't be able to chew all of it.


A few years back, I have seen some Milky packages in Landmark grocery, TriNoma. When I came back to buy it, they were gone. Milky is quite a rare find so I decided that once I see one, I need to buy them at once. Maybe I will take a trip down there someday again. I rarely visit the grocery now.

In continuation to our little adventure in Ueno, Dad and I alighted at Shimbashi station and walked pass Ginza Nikko Hotel (our hotel). We were on our way back to the mainstreet in Ginza again. The streets were still alive with lots of people. After taking a trip to the hobby store, Dad and I visited the Fujiya building wherein the Fujiya Food Service Co. was located. The store was not so big but it was complete with shelves full of Fujiya candies, cakes, and chocolate products. There were also other baked goodies. The store was full of some customers when we arrived.









I took a look at the price of the Milky candy and promised that I would come back to buy it before I leave on Friday. Of course, I did not forget to take a picture with Peko-chan. ;-)

Like the two girls before me, I asked Dad to take a picture of us even with my puffy eyes. <3

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram

All rights reserved. © 2018 Kaye Sigua

Everything in this blog is created by the owner unless otherwise stated. (:


Total Pageviews