A Newborn Blogger

Bloggers say when you want your blog to be known and be read by people, you need to write about a specific subject. It may be fashion,...



Bloggers say when you want your blog to be known and be read by people, you need to write about a specific subject. It may be fashion, travel, food, religion, philosophy, history, art (various kinds), education, film, photography, and any other specific area that you enjoy.


For nine years, I have been writing mostly about what I feel or do. I jot down what I felt that day, a poem that I made, or a recent event that took place. It was mostly about my life with no relevance to other people. Another thing that I noticed was that I was writing when I only have the free time. This year, I realized that I should find a real purpose why I write and who I write for. Like a newborn blogger, I listed down some goals I would like my blogger to be and NOT to be.

1) A-OH-KAYE will focus on five themes: travel, Christianity, film, music, and events (whether in my personal life or others). My posts in the past were mostly about travel. So I will continue to write about it. I also wanted to write about education but I do not want to include my career in this blog. Maybe one mention or two will come up. I just wanted this blog to be personal showing another side of me that most people do not know.

2) The purpose of my blog will not only be for self-expression but for the Greater Good. I define the Greater Good as one that will benefit if not all but a few of mankind. Hopefully, I will write with a selfless purpose. Of course, this is quite impossible to fully write selflessly for a blogger/writer usually writes about himself/herself. But I aim for every writing to be influential or inspirational to others. I do not want it to be just a blah-blah writing that is pretentious and/or self-centered. I do pray that I will be able to achieve this.

3) Being a blogger, a serious one, requires commitment. I will attempt to write at least two entries a month. I tend to write long blogs so it usually causes me not to publish anything. In order to be able to post at least two entries a month, I have to commit publishing either a short or a long blog post. That is already fair to myself.

4) I plan to join a blog community. If I need to get serious in blogging, I also need to read other blogs and comment on their posts. This is not just about me. There is a blogger world out there that I can take part in and learn from.

5) Publish! At times, I wanted to write but then I could not finish it. So I left it unpublished in my drafts. And I never got to write about it again because the drive to continue it was gone.

6) I will edit the photos that I take consistently. This means the pictures need to contain a similar feel. Establish "Kaye's preset." #learningphotography

7) I will NOT delete this blog. I am a blogger. Period.

I pray that I will be able to do all of these goals in 2014. Let the inspiration arise!



Write away
even though nobody is
reading them. 
But always write 
for the 
Greater Good.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram

All rights reserved. © 2018 Kaye Sigua

Everything in this blog is created by the owner unless otherwise stated. (:


Total Pageviews