My 2011 Illuminations

Everyone of us has done his or her best to make this year as good as the past years or even better. For me, 2011 was a year full of...


Everyone of us has done his or her best to make this year as good as the past years or even better. For me, 2011 was a year full of blessings in disguise. I have learned a lot because of a greater walk I have done with God. We walked and ran together in sprinkles of joy and heaps of faith and hope. Tonight, I want to look back and thank Him for a year full of illuminations.

Promising January

The 3 cute name tags.
For Each Of Us
Starting the year with Prayer and Fasting once again turned out to be the right thing to do. I laid out all the things I am believing God for and asked Him for His plans as well. By the end of January, I experienced tons of breakthroughs already..
  • A full paid Singapore trip with Daphne
  • A new E72 phone
  • A new ministry: Music Team
  • A stronger small group
  • Wonderful barkada (MAJIKS) to start the year with

Love February


Who would have thought that being single comes with a lot of benefits? I could go whenever I want and do whatever I want. And the love does not need to come from a significant other but from significant people like family and friends. 

The Tangled experience. God's message to me: "I could not part with you, Kaye for anyone less worthy." :")
Of course, I didn't date anyone physically-from-earth on Valentines Day. I had a date with my God. He gave me incredible and unexpected Valentines gifts.
  • My Professional Regulation Commision (PRC) ID
  • Beautiful morning: Quiet Time in my room and Jogging around UP
  • Surprise flowers from Dad
  • Switchfoot tickets for me and Daphne (STOKED!)
  • Watching a movie alone (127 Hours)
  • Yogurt at White Hat while reading a newly bought book "Jane Eyre"
You Are My Rock
This February I also had my first visit at Manila Ocean Park with great photographers and friends, Marti and Kevin. I also spent the rest of my time teaching at RareJob and submitting my resume to schools. I had my first demo teaching at Victory Christian International School but they didn't contact me afterwards. I didn't follow-up for my application either. It was not the school wherein I felt I belong (personal reasons applied). Moreover, I played for the very first time as a keyboardist in our church. I wouldn't forget the amazing experience. My dream to serve God through music has come through.



Happy March

I pause for a moment. This month has been a wonderful time for me to take a break and prepare myself for what's coming ahead.
Signs of Summer
Motion City
Definitely an adventure we wouldn't forget.
Blissful April

Could you picture a month full of great things? This was not exactly what I was expecting. But God is an awesome God and He gives awesome surprises to His children.
  • Worship Camp
Friends and Pianists (:
  • The Script Concert
Rock chicks!
  • My 2nd Prayer and Fasting
  • Happy 7th Birthday to God and me
  • Punta Fuego trip

  •  Winning the Meet and Greet Switchfoot Contest
Super thank you, family, friends, and friends of friends.
  • Meet & Greet with Switchfoot, new friends, and the awesome concert with Daphne

While they were in chaos at the back, I'm there standing still and trying to look pretty. ((:

Renewed May


Even though God didn't make any sense, He guided me to the right path. As I remained faithful, He remained faithful to His promises as well. The wait was actually worth it.

Jumped Start June


I finally chose a school wherein I could start my career as "Teacher Karen/Kaye." Working as a full-time teacher made me feel excited and scared at the same time. I think I did just fine for I'm still working here and having a good time.

Other blessings are:
  • MA applications submitted
  • Newly rebonded and differently colored hair
  • PA Camp: Thunders vs. KIDlats

Jolly July

I always think that life is a continuous rollercoaster ride. There are times that life is soaring high in the sky and there are times that life is crawling helplessly down below. I was lucky to be blessed with more joyful days and less sorrowful days. 

Inang turning 97.. WOW

Cousin Mae and Christa home from the US
Kaye Meets Totoro
Aligned August

Everything that has happened in August was aligned with God's plans. I just let go and let God. And because of that, I received another pack of incredible surprises. I have never envisioned these..
  • US Visa Application: 10 years multiple entry
  • Became a member of the Friend of the Foot
  • More girl talks with my Gs
  • @TheDrewCast followed me! Sorry I'm awesome! Hahaha
  • My first fieldtrip at MMCA
  • Favor to take one month leave from work
  • According to my friend in a dream, I am getting married to a "Nathan" Hahaha
  • Won the Vice Verses Twitter Campain Contest!
  • Initial payment for US flight on September
  • A huge blessing for ate TJ. I could have cried (well not yet) but I was too happy for her. I love you, big sister!

Sweet September

I took my Masters Admission Test before leaving for the US. My school even found someone to teach Miles while I was gone. My bosses even threw a despedida party for me. Everything was set.

Then I received a prophecy from our family friend's father. He was a prophet and definitely God-sent. The prophecy was overwhelming. It involved almost my entire life. I am more than thankful to hear it this early and I feel blessed by the promises God has planned for me. I don't mind waiting on God for years 'cause it's definitely going to be worth it.

Girl talk
My cauterized fingers. Ouch!
Flew away!
Greater desire for Graduate Studies abroad
Mom's successful presentation at Chicago
I am thankful for our families and friends in the US who have shared their homes and time with us. 


Talens family at LA
Sabine at Glendale (:

Elo at Chicago (:
Tita Eni and Tita Menchie at Nevada (:
  • Not to mention the Morales family at Chicago. Thank you!
Oh October!

October is my favorite month of the year because it's my birthday month. Everything comes out good in October and I could see myself always happy. 

Happy birthday, Tita Shelly! (:
Thank you Montero family! (:
A visit to Tita Ludy and Tito Dante at San Diego (:

Santiago family at Diamond Bar (:
Fortin family at West Covina (:
SECers at Hollywood (:
I fell inlove with San Diego at once. I definitely had a contemplation about life right here.


Fulfilling my American Dream, I had the grand opportunity to meet and greet Switchfoot as an FOTF member this time. This blissful experience could not be captured in words or photographs so I am leaving it to one understatement: Being with Switchfoot was epic.


Mom and I had a blast travelling together in a foreign land for the second time. We had a safe trip back to Manila. Being back to reality had been hard but Manila would always be "home." Nothing beats home.

MMCA has welcomed me so warmly when I got back that I am so thankful for choosing them as the school to start my career with. My bosses, co-teachers, and students asked me a lot of questions about my trip. I told them gladly about it and gave them my pasalubong.

Daphne and I had another adventure to see Nicholas Sparks at Podium. Though we didn't get to meet and greet him or have a book signed, we still had the opportunity to listen to his talk about his books.

I celebrated my birthday by leading worship at church and having dinner with my whole family. I could not celebrate it any other way.


Bittersweet November

November was not even close to sweet. This month would be better called a time for suffering because I took the TOEFL and GRE in a short span of time. Despite the outcome of the examinations, I did not regret taking them. I am even thankful for the experience because I learned a lot. If it were not for God's guidance, I could not have dealt with my emotions that well.


The only good news turned out to be my enrolled status in a Masters in Reading program at U.P. College of Education. Although I was not eligible for a U.P. Employee Privilege any longer, Mom lent me money for my tuition fee. I felt so blessed because I even got the subjects I needed to take.

The December-ist

I love December as much as I love October. Besides the parties and foods, I enjoy being with people and celebrating Christ's birth with them. This month has been nothing but wonderful because of...
  • God's advice about my Graduate Studies application abroad (I could have died in CDO if I pursued what I wanted)
  • The major decision I made not to continue my application this year..
  • The wages I received this month which were more than what I expected
  • A successful dance production I made at MMCA
  • Attending 11 fun Christmas parties or "mga kainan"
  • Skype date with my "Hungarian" cousin on Christmas Day. This is our first Christmas without her. I miss her so much!!!
Gsss
MAJIKS
Beybs
I could not count all the blessings I received this year but it was definitely a memorable 2011. I could not spend it any other way than being with the people I care about the most, being thankful for the renewed relationships with family and friends, and meeting new people and spending quality time with them. This year, I am ending it happy and thankful. 

Like most of you, I would strive harder for 2012 to be a better year. I believe it is no longer a time to sleep and rest but to keep watch (Mark 14). It is time for us to rise up and go to places where we have been called. This is the time for us to be on guard and be alert. We must spend each day of this year wisely for a day gone without a purpose is a day wasted. Let us always keep our lives lighted and remain in prayer so that we may live each day of the year surrounded by His Mercy and Grace. 

To family and friends, thank you for being part of my adventures in 2011. To me, it has been my best year so far.

May we all have an illuminating and joyful 2012! :-)

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Yay! Ako rin gagawa ng short 2011 entry! Ay wait, nagawa ko na pala yun. Ipopost ko na lang ang aking 2012 chenelyns!

    ReplyDelete

Instagram

All rights reserved. © 2018 Kaye Sigua

Everything in this blog is created by the owner unless otherwise stated. (:


Total Pageviews