Hello, Rizal Day!

I am a person who loves adventures, whether it's unraveling a mystery, discovering a new place, or simply hunting for a treasure. That...


I am a person who loves adventures, whether it's unraveling a mystery, discovering a new place, or simply hunting for a treasure. That was why I almost searched every bookstore near my home in order to find the perfect planner. Well, at least the perfect planner for me.

The plenty of web searches and bookstore visits I did in the past two months have been tedious. I wanted a planner that is both a planner and a diary at the same time. I pictured a planner with an old vintage but minimalistic vibe, simple, and most importantly, spacious daily entries. I have accepted the fact that an old vintage vibe and a minimalistic vibe do not normally combine well so I have decided to go for the latter which is more modern and apt for a teacher like me. But I am still hoping that one day I will find my dream vintage planner (<3).


My choices have narrowed down to two: 1) the most awaited Starbucks planner and 2) the Moleskine Daily Diary/Planner. After a series of discussions with friends and researches, I decided that the perfect planner for me would be the Moleskine Daily Diary/Planner. The first reason why I chose this planner is the spacious daily entries wherein I could just down to-do lists, thoughts and even attach receipts, concert tickets, pictures, and other memorabilias. Second, the Moleskine planner has extremely minimalistic designed pages which I could freely decorate with vibrant colored pens. The third reason is the quality of paper it contains which is why Moleskine has became so famous among writers and artists throughout the years.




The only problem I encountered today was where to find it. I went to two bookstores in Katipunan and had no luck. Then I proceeded to three bookstores in Trinoma and found none. The only Moleskine planners left were pocket sized and Weekly planners. I was about to go for the Starbucks planner instead when I thought of going to the Customer Service in National Book Store to search for branches that still has it in stock. I made the right decision even though I had to travel to Robinson's Galleria for it. I had no problems with that 'cause I have always been an insistent and patient traveler who strives and strives until the search is over. Future boyfriend, lagot ka. On the way, I felt no regrets for not being able to find it. Deep down, I knew they have it.


And they did. They contain a soft bound and a hard bound copy of the Moleskine Daily Diary/Planner but both in black. I wanted to have it in red but it was better than nothing. Looking at the bright side, I decided to decorate the cover. Definitely an incredible idea. A sweeter find. ;)


I have finally broken down my tradition to buy a Starbucks planner each year. In contrary to the Starbucks planner sticker collector that I was, I am now a wiser and practical planner buyer. I couldn't see the slightest importance of collecting more than a dozen stickers to get a planner that doesn't embody my most desired features any longer. If I stay in Starbucks every week, it could have been easier to collect stickers but the girl who hangs out in Starbucks to buy coffee or to study has already gone by. I wish I could still do that but it was no longer my lifestyle.




I am really glad that I chose the right planner that I will use for 2012. My cousin ate Carla even gave me a mini planner from the US which I can use for birthday or event notification.



In addition to the planner I have purchased today, I am so happy that I finally bought a Logitech Ultimate Ears (UE) 200 Noise-Isolating Earphones. Not being able to use my Ipod just because of broken earphones is a major problem to me. That is why buying earphones has always been one of the things I invest in without restraint. 


I was even lucky to bump into Hannah, a good friend of mine, at the mall which has solely comforted me (and maybe her as well). While buying the earphones, she told me to buy an earphone case so that I could avoid breaking my earphones again. We found this awesome Spyro cord organizer. Problem solved.




I guess listening to my PI 100 teacher and loving the discussions about Rizal has contributed to a memorable Rizal Day. The connection is pretty rad. HAHA. But I'm thankful that I spent my last few days of 2011 nicer than I thought. I got myself my holiday gifts already. I couldn't wait for the Switchfoot CD packages I ordered to arrive early next year, I hope.


It's time to prepare for the most awaited blogs of the year, people! How are your 2011 endings going so far? ;)

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram

All rights reserved. © 2018 Kaye Sigua

Everything in this blog is created by the owner unless otherwise stated. (:


Total Pageviews