Letters from Seoul: Seokchon Lake and Dongdaemun Design Plaza - November 2014 Day 3

With my feet dead tired and my craziness almost gone, I dragged myself to Seokchon Lake. But then I found myself thankful for the opp...


With my feet dead tired and my craziness almost gone, I dragged myself to Seokchon Lake. But then I found myself thankful for the opportunity to see a beautiful park similar to our own U. P. Academic Oval. The red brick road that goes around a lake was filled with trees from sides. I suddenly missed home.




The only difference between the Seoul's Seokchon and the U.P.'s Academic Oval is the Lotte World, the most popular theme park in Seoul, which was situated at the center of the lake. Imagine having a run around the lake, hearing shouts and screams of people from the mad houses and rides. This is pretty much different from running around the Academic Oval. But at least there is less pollution here in Seokchon. ((:




Around the park was a mini stadium wherein I saw an overview of the lake.



The main reason why we went to Seokchon Lake is the Rubber Duck Project. A big yellow rubber ducky is making its away around the globe. It was currently in Seoul then. Joni's wish was to see it in person. Though we had to walk around the whole park just to catch a glimpse of it and have our pictures taken, it was a good sight to behold.


After seeing our pictures, I could not help but remember Sesame Street's Ernie's "Rubber Ducky" song.

Rubber Duckie, you're the one,
You make bathtime lots of fun,
Rubber Duckie, I'm awfully fond of you;
(woh woh, bee doh!)


The walking did not end here for we had to go to our last stop for the night: Dongdaemun Design Plaza.



Our main reason why we went here was to see the LED fairy tale flower field. I love the concept so much! Walking in the field was not allowed. But we managed to walk in it and take pictures when the people were not yet being prohibited by security. Pasaway lang! Hahaha.





Aside from seeing the LED fairy tale flower field, I got to see a lot of art.


Window
Chairs
Chairs

Soft chair
Library on the Wall
Lighted Eiffel Tower 
More Towers
If the weather was not too cold and I was not too tired, I would probably love to sit down and hang around more, taking the time of my life. This explains why I did not take a lot of photos too. My camera battery died after seeing the LED flower field. So, I only took limited photos using my phone. Still, our visit was quick but enjoyable!

My favorite was the architectural exhibit. Free admission. It reminded me of my family.
















I have once dreamt to be an architect or an interior designer when I was entering college. But I know I did not have the skills (Math and drawing) and the courage to apply. So I am dreamt (and still dreaming) of marrying an architect or an engineer instead. At least, that dream is more reachable than my first. LOL.

While I was walking around the exhibit, God spoke to me.
Dearest Kaye,
             When a dream dies, plant another dream. Maybe you can see that dream alive in others. But a new dream (becoming a teacher and a philanthropist) that is rooted in good soil grows. Focus on that dream for I planted that in you. Nurture it with water everyday. Guard it with all your heart. Fight for it. For that dream will trigger you to bloom.
Your Best Friend


On our way home, we were not able to alight at our station because it was past 10pm already and the last station going to Gwangheungchang has passed by. So at the train station, we met a Mechanical Engineering student and a guitarist who not only guided us toward the right exit but walked with us. We were so blessed that night because of his kindness. I could not help smiling at God. (((:

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. "I have once dreamt to be an architect or an interior designer when I was entering college. But I know did not have the skills (Math and drawing) and the courage to apply. So I dreamt of marrying an architect or an engineer instead." - My sentiments exactly! :))

    I finally took the time to read blogs again.I knew maganda talaga ang Korea but the details of your stories make it more beautiful. Gusto ko rin pumunta doon. I like reading about your experiences Kaye. Very informative. And it sounds enchanting because God was with you. This year is teaching me rin that traveling is more fun when it is orchestrated by God. Thank you for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Casey, nakakatuwa naman na parehas tayo ng dream!!! HAHA. But fortunately, God has greater plans for you and me. Mukhang nagblo-bloom ka naman sa Law! (:

      Thank you so much for reading my blogs. Minsan nagpupunta ako sa blog mo, hoping may sinulat kang bago. But I guess Law school is keeping you really busy. Travel blogging ang nagiging stress reliever ko actually. Knowing that a few of my good friends read it from time to time makes me feel good. Okay na ako na kayo ang readers ko. Ayoko rin siyang naka-broadcast sa lahat. ((:

      I think you will fall in love Korea. If you go there in the future, Joni and I are willing to share tips and some materials (tourist guide & maps) with you. <3

      Delete
    2. And you are right. Traveling with God is the best adventure you'll ever take. (:

      Delete

Instagram

All rights reserved. © 2018 Kaye Sigua

Everything in this blog is created by the owner unless otherwise stated. (:


Total Pageviews