Letters from Seoul: Namsan Tower - November 2014 Day 5

I enjoy climbing towers despite my acrophobia. Whenever I overcome this fear of heights, I feel a sense of accomplishment. Namsan Tower or N...

I enjoy climbing towers despite my acrophobia. Whenever I overcome this fear of heights, I feel a sense of accomplishment. Namsan Tower or N Seoul Tower could have been the fourth tower to climb but my friends were not planning to climb it that night. We also did not have a lot of time. I also did want to climb it alone. So, I'm saving the climb for a day in the future. Maybe a cable car ride to walk to the tower will be better.


The tower sits on top of the Namsan Mountain. 


Seeing the tower reminded me of Boys Over Flowers when Gu Jun Pyo waited for Geum Jan Di. ((:






The cityscape is the main reason why the tower is worth the climb. The other reason is to see the Love Locks, which is kind of similar to the Love Lock bridge in Paris, France. I never got to find the bridge when I was in Paris. But seeing the Love Locks in Seoul was a relief. I got to see what the locks really looked like in person. I also did not plan to grab a Korean man (or even a boyfriend if I have one) and secure our love in a teal-colored padlock with a pink heart in the middle and throw the key into the wilderness below. Noooo! Though it would be love suicide, I just don't think it is the perfect way to show your love to someone. Two or three years hence both of you might break up and end up with different lovers.



Though I think love locks look cute, I just do not believe in their power. When it comes to taking pictures of the love locks, they do not look good in pictures at night. We even had to simultaneously use our phones to add light to the love locks. So if your goals is to take good pictures, it is better to go during day time. 

Love Locks
In various sizes. ((:
The famous bench.

The city night view was awesome. It was one of the best night views I have ever seen in my life. With a bird's eye view, you can see the city of Seoul.




While I was walking, lost in thought, by the tower, I remembered how God revealed portions of Himself to me throughout our trip. I just kept on trusting Him and listening to what He has to say.

Dearest Kaye,
I am your rock, your fortress, and your deliverer; I am your God, your strength, in whom you will trust; your buckler, and the horn of your salvation, and your high tower. (Psalm 18:2)
So do not fear or worry. Remember this, though seasons change and people's feelings come and go, my love for you does not. I am giving you a relentless love.
Your Best Friend

In Myeongdong, we all ended the day with shopping first and then eating after. Women can really bear without food as long as they are shopping! I am thankful for how kuya Nono and kuya JM bore with us and held their patience for us. One thing Joni and I realized is to find a man who can patiently wait for us. 'Yun eh.

Myeongdong is make-up haven.
At Etude House | Amen to the writing on the mirror.
Three princesses met from Manila to Singapore to Seoul. <3
The perfect Owl outfit. ((:



A dog sure knows about fashion.

We ate kimbap (Korean sushi rolls), kimchi, yellow radish, and noodles for dinner.


Up Next: Gyeongbokgung Palace - Day 6

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram

All rights reserved. © 2018 Kaye Sigua

Everything in this blog is created by the owner unless otherwise stated. (:


Total Pageviews