Switchfoot Live in Manila: The Hello Hurricane Tour

Similar to the Meet & Greet with Switchfoot  experience, no words can also describe the Switchfoot Concert in Manila. It was awesome, MO...

Similar to the Meet & Greet with Switchfoot experience, no words can also describe the Switchfoot Concert in Manila. It was awesome, MORE THAN FINE! Actually, it was the best concert that I have ever seen in my whole life. The reason why I'm saying this is maybe because they are my favorite band and I love the guys and their music. But mainly, it is because they always play with genuine PASSION not just for themselves, for their loved ones, for their fans, but above all, FOR CHRIST and that is everything a band could have.

At the railing
I started being a fan in 2002 when "A Walk To Remember" came out which has promoted some of their songs. Right away, I fell head over heels with the band and their music. I know that year was a little late because the band was formed in 1997. But for me, "favoriting" a band does not depend on the concept of time and age 'cause it is more of how deep your love is for the band. At the beginning of that year and up to the present, I listened to their songs, bought their albums, watched their music videos, followed them on Twitter (Be followed back and received DMs! Lucky girl!) and enjoyed their podcasts on YouTube. I had also planned on making a band shirt of them several times but I didn't get to finish the design (Haha I promise to do it this year). Because I was only a student at that time and I had lots of school work, I couldn't afford to become a really hardcore fan who buys "everything" Switchfoot, makes "anything" for Switchfoot, and even to watch their first concert in Manila back in 2007. I totally regretted not being there but I kind of believed then that I am going to get a second chance.

And yeah, of course I did. When I bought tickets for me and my friend Daphne on Valentines Day, I was not expecting it would really happen. I thought of going there alone but luckily, God brought a good friend of mine to experience it with me. It cost me most of my savings that I should just be keeping in the bank. But I didn't mind at all. I didn't get the VIP though I could afford it because I also wanted to save up for other important things as well. But I didn't regret it though. I'm fine with Courtseat A tickets. The most important thing for me then was the experience of watching them live. I am only 23 once (my favorite year) and this experience could be once in a lifetime.



Imago behind the railing
Imago opened for Switchfoot. They sang only three songs: Akap, Sundo, and Effect Desired None. I knew the lyrics of Akap and Sundo because they were part of my emo high school days of love crap (please don't let me go back to that anymore hahaha). Anyways, Imago did a really great job! As a fellow Filipino, they made me so proud. \m/

Filipino Pride! \m/
When the stage lights started flaring up and the guys started emerging, I was so STOKED that I motioned to Daphne to go straight for the railing in front of us. Everyone was heading forward to the stage! We just glued ourselves to the railing, pulled our chairs closer so that we could stand on it. It was a good sight! Though it wasn't that close, it was at the center and I could see the whole stage. One thing that really made the sight bad was that there were really too many heads. Well, we couldn't do anything about that 'cause it's a rock concert and people were meant to stand. LOL.
THIS IS THE SOUND


Switchfoot sang their first song at 9:20 pm. All in all, they played 16 songs. Here is the complete set list:
           * The Sound
           * Stars
           * Bullet Soul
           * Gone
           * Your Love Is A Song
           * Free
           * Always
           * Awakening
           * Meant To Live
           * Mess of Me
           * Learning To Breathe
           * This Is Home
           * The Shadow Proves the Sunshine to We Are One Tonight
        Encore:
           * Only Hope
           * Hello Hurricane
           * Dare You To Move




\m/

When Jon said, "Everyone take a picture at the same time at the count of 3!" it was EPIC.
MANILA LOVES YOU!
At 10:40 pm, the concert ended. And I was like, "This is not the end..." I was dumbfounded. I was actually dumbstrucked. I was in awe at every song they sung and played. I was in silence though everyone were almost screaming along with Jon Foreman at the top of their lungs. Amidst their sound, I found silence. I was in peace. And I heard God's voice in Jon's voice speaking to me. "Oh your love is a symphony, all around me, running through me. Ooh, your love is a melody, underneath me, running to me." It's just so amaziiiiiiiiiiiing how a band talented as Switchfoot could make it so well in the world music industry (Congrats on winning that Grammy Award!) and at the same time do it so well in using their talents for God. With Switchfoot, I can totally relate to their songs and they reach me in ways I could not possibly imagine.

I thank God for introducing Switchfoot to me the moment that I needed it the most in 2002. My path in life changed because of the music they make. I am so blessed not just to be able to watch their concert but to be able to meet Jon, Tim, Drew, Jerome, and Chad in person. They are awesome people you can really look up to. They are real, they don't pretend. I will forever be a fan, Switchfoot. This is definitely not the end.

Hoping to see you again in less than 4 years. I promise to be an FOTF by then. See you soon with my *whoishe?* this time perhaps (he he he).

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. nice. i was at courtseat too! where'd you buy the meet and greet? on the website? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! I didn't buy it. I joined a contest. You can check it out here: http://a-okaye.blogspot.com/2011/05/meet-greet-with-switchfoot.html

      Delete

Instagram

All rights reserved. © 2018 Kaye Sigua

Everything in this blog is created by the owner unless otherwise stated. (:


Total Pageviews