7 Little Things I Invest In This World and Why

Usually, some people wonder why others tend to buy a lot of things when other people don't get to buy them. There are people who think b...

Usually, some people wonder why others tend to buy a lot of things when other people don't get to buy them. There are people who think buying some things for themselves is not worth it while some people think those things mean the world to them (well, not exactly the world because that's materialism already lol --but you get the picture). When it comes to these things that each individual loves, let's face it: We don't have any say on it. In Filipino, "Walang pakialamanan." Hahaha. Besides, it's his/her money and not yours. So just spare her the possibility of her own satisfaction or dissatisfaction afterwards.

These little things are the ones I couldn't resist buying (except when I'm completely broke):

BOOKS

For me, books are friends. A book can turn into a friend when you lift its pages, trying to find some sense or meaning of words.. of people.. of life itself. As I have always said, I never regretted buying a book whether it is brandnew or thrifted. It always gets a specific portion of my savings/hard-earned money. I am actually planning to build a huge library (with stairs!) inside my future house someday. Haha! Favorite book: The Bible. Unexplainable.


CONCERT TICKETS

When it comes to my most favorite bands out there, getting a ticket shouldn't have to be an issue. Honestly, sometimes it has become a pain especially during my high school and early college days. But let me tell you that I have regretted that. No matter how expensive that is, it is my joy to see and hear from them live. The feeling I get in every concert is pure bliss. I feel like my heart has been touched to its core. So to my *whoishe?* out there, you know where to take me out. :p


A Dream: Olivia Wilde's Closet
FASHION

Shopping for clothes is one of my weaknesses. I like to mix and match so I really keep a lot of clothes whether old or new in my closet. I actually gave many away but I started not to lately because I think they still could be of good use in the future. Maybe I decide to wear them again, right? But of course, I still know how to discipline myself on buying clothes, especially the "branded" ones. That is the purpose of Ukay-ukay! I'm always happy with my fab thrift finds for they can really be kept for a very long time due to its good quality. Absolutely worth every penny spent! Moreover, when it comes to accessories, hats are my top weakness. Though I couldn't wear them every single day (I will if I can due to our weather), I keep them in a specific corner of my room. They are already full so I think I need another set of hat holders.


GRANOLA BARS

I'd definitely go for "Quaker Chewy Chocolate Chips"!!! I just discovered them this year and I totally fell in love with them. I think they're the most delicious thing to eat along with my favorite drink: Green Tea. Quaker Chewy completes my day! I wouldn't mind buying one box every week. That's how addicted I am. Hahaha!





PRINTED PHOTOS

I love to have my best photos printed out on a glossy/photo paper with a white border on the side. I post them all over my room. If we are very close, you'll see your faces in my room. Hee hee. No kiddin'. I'm planning to print out more this year because I garnered some really good friends lately. Also, I put it inside my planners, projects for school, and even gifts for friends. I don't really mind if it costs me a lot because it's definitely pure memories of people I certainly want to remember. I guess having them uploaded online isn't really enough. I'm a sentimental person like that. Technology wouldn't change a thing.




G-TECH

I'm a certified Pilot G-Tech user ever since it became popular among UPIS students in 2001 (if I remember it right). And up to now, I'm still using it because my handwriting becomes organized all the time. Haha. Pilot, you can grant me a loyalty award now. Well, it is really expensive for a pen that whenever it falls with the pointed edge towards the ground, you'll cry over it. To offer some advice, don't let it fall without a cover. Simple pen rule along with more caution on this kind.



EARPHONES

I have used tons of earphones in my whole life. I don't know why they easily break. But I guess it is also up to the user, right? Hahaha. This just shows how addicted I am to my Ipod which means I bring it anywhere. And whenever I bring it and it's out of battery, I nearly die --all the time. I also put it inside my disorganized bag and pull it out like pulling a normal string. I'm not really THAT careful, I know. But whenever I buy a new one, I don't really regret it because I know my Ipod will suck without it.


Well, I still know there are more things I couldn't resist buying but maybe I'll make another blog including that. For now, these are the first ones that popped into my mind. I am also planning to rewrite the things I need to do before my 23rd year ends one of these days. I am currently in a life-changing moment. Unemployed and all, I am definitely enjoying this freedom. Ain't faking this anymore.

You Might Also Like

5 comments

  1. i can so relate with books! i actually avoid bookstores or THE booksale as much as i possibly can because i'm an impulsive buyer when it comes to books. :) i also plan to have my own library someday with stairs and (!!!) secret passageways because i think the library should be "obviously" fun. hehehehe.

    nice post. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahahaha parehas tayo. it's always "impulsive." those secret passageways are totally mysterious yet fun at the same time. it reminded me of Nancy Drew. ((:

    thanks for reading this post casey! praying for you, for us. (:

    ReplyDelete

Instagram

All rights reserved. © 2018 Kaye Sigua

Everything in this blog is created by the owner unless otherwise stated. (:


Total Pageviews