A Day of Firsts: Ocean Park Manila

Last Saturday, February 26, 2011, I went to Ocean Park Manila with my photographer friends Marti and Kevin. It's our first time, except...

Last Saturday, February 26, 2011, I went to Ocean Park Manila with my photographer friends Marti and Kevin. It's our first time, except for Kevin who had his first time already. Here's some pictures of us in our first time game faces:


We arrived at the area around 11:00 a.m. so it's most probably the perfect time because we could eat lunch first before we go in. Actually, we entered the park first but we did not find the perfect place to eat. There are plenty of restaurants inside like Gerry's Grill and some good-looking restaurants upstairs but they were a little bit expensive and probably not suitable to our appetite at that time. So we just went out of the park and dined at Inasal At Iba Pa which is the slowest Inasal restaurant I've ever been to. Seriously, they should improve their service. But the good thing about dining there is that we were full and energized to go on our ocean adventure trip. Yeaaay! \m/


Ocean Park Manila tickets are in promos now so it's the best time to go here. Our itinerary package is called Marine Life Encounter which consists of Oceanarium, Jellies the dancing sea fairies, and Marine Life Show/Marine Life Habitat. I am not a fan of the sea lion so we decided to not go to the Marine Life Show any longer. HAHA. I am not going to elaborate on each area but all I can say is that marine life is beautiful. I hope they do a great job taking care of these precious creatures.

As for my outfit for today, I decided to wear this:

black Esprit shirt dress * black DKNY wide belt * black DKNY knee boot sandals


It's kind of perfect to the cold chilly atmosphere inside the park and at the same time the sunny and hotter atmosphere outside. The sandals and belt which are given to me by my Mommy from the United States could already be seen in my previous posts in my Chictopia. But I got the dress in my fave Ukay-Ukay/Thrift shop near my home for only $2 in its great condition. Can you believe it? Well, it's already given that I go for thrift shops lately because I am still unemployed and I couldn't afford the designer clothes at the mall every month. And besides, I love the Ukay-Ukay clothes' uniqueness. ;)

I suck. ((((:<
When it comes to my photography skills this day, I suck. HAHA. Taking pictures of creatures inside glass containers are not really my specialty, especially if they are always moving out and about. I also forgot to bring my father's 50mm lens because I also forgot to borrow it from him. :{ But it was fine, now I know what to do. I am planning to read my photography books sometime this week and practice. I really hope I can do this. Haha.












I know they aren't the best shots ever but they're the best shots I can do for now with what I have. I admit that Marine Photography may not be my talent after all. (((: But being with Kevin and Marti really helped me a lot somehow. This is my second time I have had a photography trip with them. It really has exposed me to the wide world of photography that I haven't seen yet: extensive practice and deep experience. But of course, I always tell myself: "We all started as beginners."


But I did have a lot of fun as shown here in Kevin's picture. He he he. And I'm sure Marti and Kevin did have a lot of fun in Oceanarium as well as shown here in my pictures..

Photographer Face
Dream Face
Parang bata lang.
Sharkies
God?



Dumdudumdum. Can you hear the drums?


Bloody Red
Tangled
Spiralling
So that's just Ocean Park Manila. I am still hoping to travel to more and more places outside Quezon City and take numerous shots of them. PRACTICE MAKES PERFECT. Les go, K! :D

In memoriam. No exit.

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. Thank you even though it's not that adorable. Hehe. ((:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable outfit, loving that belt! And what an amazing aquarium. Thank you so much for your sweet comment + follow on my blog, great to meet yours too. xx veronika

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww, thank you for your comment. You're very much welcome. I'm looking forward to your posts. xoxo Kaye

    ReplyDelete

Instagram

All rights reserved. © 2018 Kaye Sigua

Everything in this blog is created by the owner unless otherwise stated. (:


Total Pageviews