#Anticipated2021 in Faith

When God told me to #Anticipate2021, I knew that the whole year would be filled with faith tests. Several times, I got anxious and wondered ...


When God told me to #Anticipate2021, I knew that the whole year would be filled with faith tests. Several times, I got anxious and wondered when I could see God's promises come to pass. But every time I started to doubt, he increased my faith and taught me to predict His greatness with joy and peace. He taught me to surrender my fears and frustrations and rely on Him recklessly.

Anticipate His Goodness

The first faith test happened at the beginning of the year when I resigned from my job, began a new job, and moved cities for the second time in Japan. I wrote about it in this blog, "The Art of Changing Homes," which I wasn't able to share due to life getting in the way. I really thank God for taking care of the whole process and bringing me to my new destination safely.

Like many Filipinos abroad, the pandemic brought the toughest faith test to me. Not seeing my family and baby pets for two years was very difficult. I could imagine the hearts of others who haven't gone home for more than three years. Though we had a lot of audio/video calls throughout the year, nothing beats the physical presence of loved ones. However, God surrounded me with the right people during the pandemic who became my support system in Japan. Eventually, my worry-wart nature subsided and as a result, I was able to build strong bonds and friendships with the people He placed around me. The key for me is to support others in the best way that I could and the support goes back. 

"I will save you, and you will be a blessing." Zechariah 8:13 NIV

Anticipate Healing

This pandemic has also taken a lot of beautiful things from my family such as going home for my brother's wedding, building the dream house that we love, and receiving complete healing for the sick loved ones. But God's plans are higher and beyond what we could ever imagine (Isaiah 55:8-9). Instead of focusing on the negatives, I directed myself to acceptance and recreation and I achieved mental and spiritual healing. But of course, it still broke my heart when I heard sad news from people. The best thing that I could do is pray. Despite this, I am just grateful that many of our family and friends are alive and we're fighting the good fight of faith together. 

In my new and humble hometown, I also found healing for a health problem that I have been battling for a long time. Who could have thought I would find treatment here of all places? The clinic was just a five-minute walk from my apartment. Another surprising fact was the doctor could speak and understand English. So, I was able to go alone after my first visit. The effects of the medicine made me worry at first. But then I just trusted God and found out that it suits my body after all. As for the expenses, God provided everything. 

Anticipate His Help Through Others

I also learned how to receive help from people, which was a little tough because I grew up strong and independent with "Kakayanin ko 'to" attitude. Lol. Another fact was my love language of service was depleting due to summer vacation at that time. When I received help, oftentimes I felt that there was a need to give back at once. I really don't like the concept of "utang na loob" practiced in Filipino culture. Because I'm in Japan and living alone, it's natural that people would offer more help to me than me giving to them. So, I started changing my old mindset. I must continue to think that people help or give something because it is in their hearts to do it without receiving anything in return. Though some people treat others like this, right? Huhu. But then it's not healthy for me to think of people's intentions this way. I should also be kinder to myself and allow others to help me.

Anticipate Transformation

My character was also transformed as I dealt with social situations wherein I had to practice "pakikisama" to the nth level. It was easy for me to stick to my beliefs and ways, but it was a challenge to adjust to people from a different culture. Socializing has always been awkward and difficult, especially around people that I do not know well. I could be misunderstood or disregarded which was often caused by a lack of speaking up or direct communication. But when I knew that my heart and intentions were pure, I just let go of the need to be understood and allowed people to make their own choice of action. By God's will, I believe that things come and go; people come and leave. Everything works out in the end, always for the best.

Anticipate Promises Fulfilled

In 2019, my birthday wish was to achieve permanence in my life and I had faith in God that He would fulfill it. I am sure that placement is a different story due to the nature of my job and my ever-changing plans in life. Yet, exactly a year later, God gave permanence in a form of a person--Kensho, my kareshi (boyfriend), and soon, someone I will spend the rest of my life with. In God's perfect time, I met *whoishe?*, the guy in my weird dream in high school, whom I've not spoken about for a decade or so. God is so good and faithful! I also have an idea about where I will live at least for the next couple of years. It's now legit! Japan is home. 

The verse below was the Lord's promise when I was sitting alone in Odaiba, Tokyo, and praying for God to direct my heart to the right person. Kensho was not a Christian when I met him two years ago. But he is now building an intimate relationship with God. This verse is now rhema, God's Word in action.

"May the God who gives endurance and encouragement give you the same attitude of mind toward each other that Christ Jesus had, so that with one mind and one voice you may glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ." Romans 15:5-6

During the last night of 2021, Kensho and I found ourselves doing the Marriage Preparation workbook. We began chapter 4: Goals at the perfect time. Writing faith goals and new year's resolutions was something that I've done since high school to singlehood. It marks as a sign that from now on,  I can look forward to doing the goal-setting with God and someone beside me to build dreams, fulfill goals, and pray with. It excites me even more that there is a great future, intricately designed for us, that we can embrace.

"This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us. And if we know that he hears us--whatever we ask--we know that we have what we asked of him." 1 John 5:14 (March 12, 2021)

Passing the faith tests wouldn't be possible without God's guidance and leading. About ten years ago, a family friend prophesied, "You will see everything flash before your eyes. For this prophecy to come to pass, you need to believe and focus on God." 

Some of the things that I've been praying for then just happened last year. Truly enough, it takes anticipation, perseverance (Hebrews 10:36), and a leap of faith to believe in His promises, to keep seeking and asking, and to do His will. We need faith to look beyond what we can see and say that the Lord is good. 

Despite the saddening situation in the world, I still anticipate and decree that we can #SEE2022 with fresh eyes of faith and witness more blessings and miracles. May we taste His love pouring like wine in every area of our lives. 


Cheers to a fresh year and a great future ahead!

あけましておめでとうございます![Akemashite omedetou gozaimasu!]

Whether virtual or in person, thank you for being a memorable part of my year. <3

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. So happy for you, Kaye! Kinikabutan ako habang binabasa ko 'to 🤗❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure who you are because I couldn't visit your profile. But thank you so much for reading and sharing my joy. God is so good to us! Happy New Year! ❤️🤗

      Delete

Instagram

All rights reserved. © 2018 Kaye Sigua

Everything in this blog is created by the owner unless otherwise stated. (:


Total Pageviews