Brazillian blowout and my Asian jet-black hair

One thing that I can get really particular with is my hair. My hair has been under hair treatment since high school. It has undergone hair r...

One thing that I can get really particular with is my hair. My hair has been under hair treatment since high school. It has undergone hair relax, rebonding, hot oil treatment, protein treatment, Powerdose, and coloring. But last year, I decided to cut out from all of these harmful treatments and give my hair a break. Yes, I stopped having any form of treatments until, well, the 21st of September.

Since I had my colored hair last year and I dyed the remaining strands black this year, my hair has been short and black. However, it gets unruly most of the time. So I decided to try to research about this popular and well-reviewed Brazilian blowout last week. I found out that though it is expensive, it can nourish the hair instead of harming it. It is even perfect for colored treated hair. Having all the trouble from the past with my hair, I decided to avail of the discount voucher in ensogo.ph at Urban Fringe Salon at Timog Avenue. It is near my workplace so it is very accessible to me. I called the salon first because I wanted to know if the discount was still ongoing. I explained to her my problem with my hair and the lady told me that dropping by the salon would be better. So I did. At first, I thought they were not going to give me the P1999 discounted price despite me doing an over-the-counter appointment to them. But the owner gave me the discount. Next thing I know, I am having my hair treated the way it should be and I had a free foot spa and massage.

The whole treatment only took 1 hour and 30 minutes. I don't remember the actual names of the treatment products they placed on my hair. But here is the process. They first washed and shampooed my hair. Then they provided blow dry and applied the acai treatment. After that, they washed it again, provided blowdry and straightened out my hair with a hair iron. Then they washed my hair again and put something on it. I waited 30 minutes to let the treatment remain in my hair. Then they provided blow dry and styled it. Done!

So there, I have a new stylish look (very different from the last one) and very manageable hair. My hairstylist, Ms. Rowena, told me that my former cut was so bizarre. I wouldn't name the salon who cut it before her. Ahaha! But it nearly gave me a nightmare. I was just too shy not to say it to my previous stylist's face. Now, I love how Ms. Rowena styled my hair. I will definitely go back for another Brazilian blowout and haircut in three months depending on my budget. This treatment usually costs P4500 for short hair, meaning nearly shoulder length like mine.


Because I now wanted to give my hair the treatment it deserves, I decided to do some things for it too at home: shampooing less or use a sulfate-free shampoo once or twice a week, using a Sulfate-free conditioner, retaining the Brazilian blowout treatment using the hair mask in Urban Fringe salon that costs P1200 (I will still have to go back for this), and wetting my hair less. I am a little unused to the feeling of having dry hair in the morning due to my country's climate but I think I needed to do it every other day at least in order to make the treatment last. I also heard and read that shampooing, conditioning, and wetting the hair everyday can be really destructive to the hair. Currently, my hair has remained super soft, shiny, and light.

So, if you are thinking of trying the Brazilian blowout, I say yes! It is worth the money compared to an every 6-month hair rebond/relax/spa treatment.

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Anyone who needs to enhance the condition and uprightness of their hair will profit from this kind of treatment, particularly provided that you have delicate, over-transformed ends. It's likewise proposed if that you are looking to develop your hair more extended as it aides administer sound ends without yielding length.
    AllStarsBeauty.com

    ReplyDelete

Instagram

All rights reserved. © 2018 Kaye Sigua

Everything in this blog is created by the owner unless otherwise stated. (:


Total Pageviews