Need | Want

Listing down my needs and wants is part of my habit every single day. Whether I write them down on my planner, a sheet of paper, or visualiz...

Listing down my needs and wants is part of my habit every single day. Whether I write them down on my planner, a sheet of paper, or visualize them on my mind, I make it to a point to organize my plans in order to achieve them. Organization has always been part of my vocabulary. If I fail to be organized, then bad things happen. All the time.

Two years ago, I started a habit of saving photos of the things I need and want. I save them in a folder entitled "My Wishlist for [insert year]." This helps me keep track of the items I have bought or are still in the list. There are some items that I erase in the middle of the year. But I have never got them all. If I decide that I still want them, I put them in the next year's folder.

In 2012, I noticed that most of them were coming true unexpectedly. I was able to finally buy a new laptop for my tutoring job with the help of a great friend. Moreover, the possibility of going to Europe and seeing my cousin in Hungary was only a plan this year. I never imagined it could be truly possible to happen considering the expensive flights I needed to save up for. Then came the numerous things such as some "kilig moments," the accomplished quest for the Jane Austen Seven Novels, black rain boots that could match almost any outfit, an almost complete family trip to Boracay, and even a new wallet in my most favorite color which was given to me by my lovely aunt. I could never thank God enough for all of these blessings. His Grace and Mercy are just so sufficient.

Experiencing these blessings caused me to think if I really deserved them. I could only answer, "Yes." Because God only gives me the things I need. If I want something and it does not match to the plan God has for me, then it would not do me any good at all. God is generous but He also ponders about the things he gives to us. Most of the things we want cannot make us happy for a lifetime.

This new year, I have some old and new things on my folder. Because I started reading The Happiness Project by Gretchen Rubin, it now has a different title, "My Happiness Project 2013."The book inspired me to start out a plan for 2013. I believe happiness is a choice. And I choose to be happier this year.

Besides the folder in my computer, I decided to draw/post/write all of the things I need and want in 2013 on the Victory journal I received from the Leaders' Appreciation Night a few Saturdays ago. I finally had an idea on what to do with it. Yay!


My number one need and want is more of God. I have been contemplating during the last days of 2012 about the blessings He gave me. I could not make it through 2012 without Him. He really knew me well, more than I know myself. This is why my number one faith goal is to know more of him and less of me. 'Cause it was never really about me in the first place.

There are still so many things to look forward to in 2013. I have been so excited to welcome it for as long as I can remember. Now that it is finally here, I can smile and be thankful for everything in the past. Then smile and look forward to the future.

To God and to great family and friends, let's walk another year together! :-)

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. Here's to a happier and exciting 2013! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen! :) I agree to "choose to be happier this year". Sabi nga ng prof ko, this 2013, make "A little better and a little bit" a motto. Be a little better in what you do and do a little bit more in doing it. (parang magulo but I hope you get what I mean)

    Cheers to a great 2013! :D

    ReplyDelete

Instagram

All rights reserved. © 2018 Kaye Sigua

Everything in this blog is created by the owner unless otherwise stated. (:


Total Pageviews