5 Things to be Thankful for in 2012

If there was a greeting that I would remember clearly about 2012, it would be "Surprise!" I did not hear it from my family and fri...

If there was a greeting that I would remember clearly about 2012, it would be "Surprise!" I did not hear it from my family and friends. But surprises came from my Father in Heaven who had brought the unexpected to reality. I was in awe this year.

Therefore, I am grateful and thankful for the five major things God gave me.


#5 Learning and Teaching


I am thankful that I am both a student and a teacher at the same time. I am getting the grades that I truly deserved in my graduate courses. Alongside my Masters, I am still teaching at Mind Matters Christian Academy (MMCA) and tutoring at RareJob. Whenever my students in RareJob hear about me, most of them reply in utter amazement. I know I am suicidal. I tend to be a workaholic. But I am only like this because I am meant to sow in this season. I planted the right seeds. Not because of my capabilities but all His. 


There are still a lot of things to learn. And a lot of people to give service to. I will never stop doing both.






#4 A Better Heart

I am praying for a better heart this year and it is exactly what I got. I began to become more concerned with what was happening around me. I am never going to be totally interested in politics, economics, and the like. But I am glad that God is renewing my heart. I have a heart for my nation and fellow Filipinos. I know time will come that I will serve my country or even the world not only in the field of education. Haaaaayyyyy!!! This calling is just too great. One day, I will understand everything.



"You shall not go out with haste...for the Lord will go before you,
and the God of Israel will be your rear guard."
-Isaiah 52:12

#3 Provision


Whenever I need money, God is always giving me enough. He is just too incredible because He always does it at the right time and place. Even though I do not ask, He still provides for my everyday expenses at work, money for my travels, leisure expenses, and others. He is always on time. I can say I am rich this year because of Him.




#2 Family and Friends

People say that the more you get older, the lesser friends you get. Even though I have met a lot of people in the past years, there seems to be only a few of them who stay, who know the right words to say, or who help in times of need. To my immediate and extended family, Victory family, MMCA family, UPIS family, and some great friends who do not belong to any particular group but remain significant to me, THANK YOU.




#1 A Longer Walk with God

Every year is a tendency to fall back and get off track. But I am thankful that this year He was closer to me than ever before, making me joyful and thankful for the little things, surprising me with blessings, and saving me from harm. I will always be grateful for the walk we are having right now. He will always be in my mind and I am thankful that He never let go of my hand. 


Truly, God is the reason for this season. Each day that has passed, welcoming the new year, is one step closer towards Him. The walk may be long and sometimes narrow and weathery but there is no reason to stop, turn around, or get off track when we are with Him. He is the God of yesterday, today, and tomorrow. He is in control of everything. Due to this, I am secured that He can take care of my 2013 and even the rest of my years.




Leave the broken, irreversible past in His hands, 
and step out into the invincible future with Him. 
-Utmost for His Highest


Happy New Year, everyone! 
Let us wait upon his surprises for us this coming year.
Hello 2013! :-)

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram

All rights reserved. © 2018 Kaye Sigua

Everything in this blog is created by the owner unless otherwise stated. (:


Total Pageviews