My Birthmark

I don't have a birthmark. I only have a few moles and some scars which I can't consider as birthmarks either. There is really nothin...

I don't have a birthmark. I only have a few moles and some scars which I can't consider as birthmarks either. There is really nothing in my body that makes me different from anybody else in the world.

Ever since I was born, I tend to look for things around me that can complete me or at least define who I am. I grew up ensuring my identity to these things. I dance. I sing. I act. I draw. I paint. I read. I play the piano. I learn drums. I write. I play sports. But there is always something missing within me when I do these. Something greater than these accomplishments or even the lack of it.

A little girl who did not really know who/what she wants to be
When I turned 18, I started to see myself in a different light. I began dreaming of things I have never dreamt before. I began believing that someday those dreams would happen and I would become the person I dream of. I was so sure of my identity back then. Never for one second did I think that I would be someone else. I knew what I want.

But as years passed, graduation kicked in and my first job offer was given, I could not feel any certainty in the decisions I made. Though I was working in a job that I am passionate about, I was asking myself a lot of questions. But giving up and stopping in the middle of it all did not become an option. I found peace and moved on, knowing that I am in a season of finding out who I am.

A few years went by and time progressed to this day, I am still doing the same things. There is always an enlightenment along the way but I still find myself lost, trapped, and unsure of where to go. Indeed, I feel blessed with people whom I can trust and who love me for who I am and not for what I do. Despite the uncertainties, there is a hope of a brighter future ahead.

That future involved certainty from a far greater entity than the ones on earth. Through the years, I found certainty in no one else. The fact that someone so great could love me so brings me to a level of humility and selflessness. The fact that I was born as His daughter and princess supplies the meaning and purpose of my existence.

I may not have a birthmark that can distinguish me from anybody else throughout my life. But in truth, there is no need for it when the purpose of my existence is to express my love for Him and aid other people in doing the same. There is no need to be more different from other people than what we already are. We all have one birthmark within ourselves.

When I reached this point in time, the message is just too simple. I am created out of His hands, in his own grand design, marked with faith. With this truth, I stopped trying to be different. I started focusing on a magnificent identity. To know Him is a far greater purpose than to know who I am. For He knows my identity, every little thing about me, I have no reason to falter and worry.

Faith, something that surely completes who I am and who I want to be, is my birthmark. And so is everybody else's.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram

All rights reserved. © 2018 Kaye Sigua

Everything in this blog is created by the owner unless otherwise stated. (:


Total Pageviews