How it feels to be a quarter of a century old

While taking a shower this morning (yes I think of peculiar things here), I randomly counted the number of flights I have taken since birth....

While taking a shower this morning (yes I think of peculiar things here), I randomly counted the number of flights I have taken since birth. If my counting and my memory were correct, I had 25. I just had to say "WOW" at that. Because at the age of 25, I have flown 25 flights. It was like I have flown each year. But hey, the truth has been sinking in.

I am a quarter of a century old.

For those who have reached this age, I am sure there was one moment that you thought of yourself--what you have achieved or what you would want to achieve. I feel like I have not achieved anything at all. But I do have a lot of things I would want to achieve. Is this how it feels like to be 25? Counting things and evaluating myself?

I talked to my friends who were experiencing the same thing. They told me they stopped aging when they reached a certain age. They felt like they were in college forever.

I am also in the same zone. I still feel young and vulnerable, like everything is marked with a question. I still don't know where I am going or what I must do. But I know I am rekindling old things and trying out new things. I am exploring. I feel like a wanderer most of the time.

But just like what J. R. Tolkien said, "Not all who wander are lost."


To be lost at 25 must be a catastrophe. I am not completely lost. I choose not to be for there are better places to be, better flights to take, and brighter things to see. I am a wanderer with a definite destination and purpose because of God. Through him, I still feel youth and vigor like a child. And conflict and mystery are still present from time to time.

I am a wanderer at 25. With complete faith, I think this is how it must be.

You Might Also Like

1 comments

Instagram

All rights reserved. © 2018 Kaye Sigua

Everything in this blog is created by the owner unless otherwise stated. (:


Total Pageviews