Trips to the Quezon City Philippine Post Office

So many people have been blogging about the Philippine Post Office as a government office which gives dreadful and unbelievable experience...

So many people have been blogging about the Philippine Post Office as a government office which gives dreadful and unbelievable experiences. During my two visits to Quezon City Philpost, along NIA road, I have not experienced any kind of mistreatment or violation of privacy. But I remembered that I could have been one of those PhilPost haters if it were not for my mother, who was kind enough to accompany and drive me to the PhilPost two years ago.

The first package that I ever ordered from United Kingdom contained a Totoro fancy jewelry necklace. I did not want to order from another country in the first place due to the custom taxes and international shipping fee. But since the necklace was packed in a small packet and sent through Royal Mail Airmail, its shipping fee amounted to GBP 2.07 (only $1.55730). I received a notice from the Quezon City PhilPost after a month. After a few days, Mom accompanied me because she did not want me to go there alone. When we arrived at the Philpost, she said, "At pupunta ka rito mag-isa?" (And you're planning to go here alone?) Obviously, I did not expect the area to be very big, old, and looking almost-abandoned. Like my Mom, I could not imagine myself going there alone. The inner part of the office was airy, spacious, and clean (well, clean in a way that people could still work in it). I arrived at Counter 37 to claim my package along with my ID and notice slip. I paid P40 for the storage fee. The man in the counter was very accommodating but he asked me what was inside the package. As instructed, I opened the package in front of him. I had no problem with it because there were some regulations with importing jewelry. Mom butted in and told him that I was just a young girl who buys fancy stuff from the Internet. Luckily, we got out of there without paying any other fee. Close call.

Still, this experience did not stop me from ordering merchandises from the United States. Last December 7, I ordered merch from Switchfoot.com (currently run by Bandfarm): three old Switchfoot CDs and a pin pack. The package came all the way from San Marcos, California through First-Class Mail International. In order to keep track of the status of my package, I constantly checked at Switchfoot.com and then at USPS site. I immediately found out that my package has left Los Angeles on December 15.
I only got the notice of my package last January 17 even though the package has a stamp of arrival in the Philippines on January 2. I should have called them to check! I was surprised that Bandfarm ships to the Philippines so fast. ((:

Anyways, I visited the post office alone on the following day because I got excited to get my hands on the CDs and pins! I would do anything to get my Switchfoot merch! Going to the post office was not so bad because I took a cab. I did not want to ride a tricycle and pass by the scary area near the post office. Because I came from Timog Avenue, I arrived at the post office 15 minutes before 5 o'clock, their closing time. I did the similar procedures I followed the last time. The lady at the counter was very accommodating. I showed her my UP ID and she asked, "Wala ka na klase?" (Do you have classes?) I answered "Opo" (Yes). She asked, "Tumakas ka?" (Did you sneak out?) in which I lied, "Opo.Wala na pong ibang time eh." (Yes. I don't have any other free time.) HAHA. I'm sorry, Lord. I paid P40 for the storage fee. At the pickup counter, the man did not give strange questions or even attempted to open my package. He just handed it to me like a present. I nearly jumped for joy! Instead, I skipped a few steps as I made my way out of the building. This time, I took a tricycle towards Quezon Avenue corner Agham Road. I asked the tricycle driver to drop me off along the highway when I saw a UP Campus Patranco jeepney passing by. I am really surprised at the hassle-free experience.

Compared to the reviews I read in the internet about PhilPost, my trips to their office have been nearly perfect. Actually, my last visit was really perfect. I was even reading reviews about PhilPost the other night and hoping it would not happen to me too. I'm so happy it did not. The reasons for this wonderful experiences with the PhilPost were really hard to tell. Or maybe, just maybe, I got lucky.



So glad to see this again! ((:

Fascination.
BUBBLE WRAPS <3 <3 <3
I love these bubble wraps since I was a kid.. o_O
YAY! Another happy Switchfoot fam right here.

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Karen, try mo rin Johnny Air Cargo. :) Search mo sa net. Bf ko un ginagawa pag may binibili siya sa Amazon.com haha (eg: tent, hammock, etc.).

    Ok siya.

    :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Cam! Sinearch ko na 'yung Johnny Air. Mukha ngang okay siya. They charge only the shipping fee to their Manila office at mukhang mas mabilis. Sige, try ko siya kapag may o-order-in ako overseas. Hehe. Super thanks!! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Instagram

All rights reserved. © 2018 Kaye Sigua

Everything in this blog is created by the owner unless otherwise stated. (:


Total Pageviews