Prayer and Fasting 2012

At the beginning of the year, one of my main events is to join the Prayer and Fasting of my church. I started joining this event when I ...

At the beginning of the year, one of my main events is to join the Prayer and Fasting of my church. I started joining this event when I entered college. Though the prayer and fasting I did before was not too serious as compared to what I am doing in the past few years, I still received numerous breakthroughs. I was indeed blest by my God. 

Prayer and Fasting 2011 has given me a beautiful revelation of what I wanted and what God wanted me to do for the rest of my life. This was also the reason why I could say 2011 has been MY year. No pun intended. Many things have happened in a year--both the good and the bad. I have learned a lot and I am completely happy God was constantly present with me.
Been fighting things that I can't see
Like voices coming from the inside of me
Like doing things I find hard to believe in
Am I myself or am I dreaming?
-Thrive, Switchfoot

With a greater faith and hope, I started my Prayer and Fasting 2012. I am believing for greater things to happen this 2012 and I know God has prepared more for me. Thrive is my word this year.

January 6, 2012 | Day 1: Good News


When nothing is sacred, there's nothing to lose
When nothing is sacred, all is consumed
We're still on the air, it must be the truth
We're selling the news
-Selling The News, Switchfoot

On the first day of prayer and fasting, I had a liquid fast. This was not the first time I had a liquid fast but it was definitely difficult due to the kind of job I have. I became a groggy teacher instead of an energetic one. Haha! 

A funny thing happened today. I dozed off in class and one of my students woke me up because he had to throw his trash into the trashcan beside me. Hahaha!

I didn't realize that eating without rice was so difficult. But I am determined to finish this prayer and fasting strong because I believe that "our present sufferings are not worth comparing to the glory that will be revealed in us." (Romans 8:18) 

I am holding on...
This was the soup that I ended up throwing into the sink after setting it aside for merienda. Hahaha! I love the Alo Youth Apple drink! I can drink it for my acidic tummy without getting a stomache.


I still prayed and fasted with the same prayer partners: Baj, Hannah, and Jaymie. The four of us attended the prayer meeting at the GT-Toyota Center in U.P. Diliman. Afterwards, we gathered and shared our faith goals at the exact same spot as last year. Around 9PM, the crowd was thinning and the lights around the area were slowly dimming. We were cautioned about the lights so we moved to a different area where lights were left on. After sharing, the good old boys Mico, Jeric and my brother Luke fetched us and dropped us off at our stops. All thanks to our kind driver, Mico for the ride! Parang FX lang. Hahaha!

January 7, 2012 | Day 2: Christ In Me
Would you create in me a clean heart, oh God?
Restore in me the joy of your salvation..
Wash me white as snow
And I will be made whole..
-White As Snow, Jon Foreman

My first class of the year in EDR 201 was a jumpstart for me. When I came to school, there were only three or four people inside the classroom. This was the very first time I arrived early in class. What a fresh start!

During our 5-minute break, our classmate from Ilocos brought pasalubongs for the whole class. She distributed some goodies to us which I didn't resist. It was already lunch break so I decided it would not be cheating anyway. Hahaha. I still continued eating my "real" lunch at home though.

For the rest of the afternoon and the evening, I didn't eat anything. I took a nap for about 3 hours because I was short of sleep the night before. When I woke up, I practiced playing the keyboards. I didn't notice the time that much for I spent my entire evening playing the keys. It served as my own worship night to God as well. <3

January 8, 2012 | Day 3: Continuing Faith
Oh, He loves us so,
He loves us all.
-How He Loves, David Crowder Band

You are stronger, You are stronger..
He is risen, Christ is risen
Jesus, You are Lord of all
-Stronger, Hillsong United

Jesus, You are stronger. You are stronger. You are my strength.

Surprisingly, I served in the music ministry despite the fasting season. Our team led worship  during the 1PM and 3PM services. Due to this, I did not limit myself from food because my body really needed the nourishment. I ate two meals today, breakfast and dinner, and refrained myself from teaching in RareJob instead. At breakfast, I drank coffee to stay awake which worked but of course, I got a little bit uncomfortable for the rest of the day. My hands and feet were restless and shaky. I am just lucky that God guided my mind and fingers beautifully.

January 9, 2012 | Day 4: Covenant Heirs

Each day, I received at least one song. It seemed the most quiet day of the fasting ever. But it was the best time to receive some marvelous verses from the Bible instead.

The Call of Kaye 

The Lord has said to Kaye, "Leave your country, your people and your father's household and go to the land I will show you. I will make you into a great nation and I will bless you; I will make your name great, and you will be a blessing. I will bless those who bless you, and whoever curses you I will curse; and all peoples on earth will be blessed through you." -Genesis 12:1-3

Know for certain that your descendants will be strangers in a country not their own, and they will be enslaved and mistreated...But I will punish the nation they serve as slaves, and afterward they will come out with great possessions.  -Genesis 15:13-15

"Do not be afraid, KAYE,
I am your shield,
your very great reward."
-Genesis 15:1

I want to encourage each of us that we are heirs of God. He has already laid out His blessings for us. It was already planned and written by Him. All we need to do is to have faith in Him and we will receive those blessings. 

One thing I love about the verses in the Bible is that they are conditional. They do not occur when we continue to rely on our own strength and disobey God. By pursuing His blessings on our own, we are only showing Him that we are not yet ready for His covenant.

January 10, 2012 | Day 5: Free to Love

Maybe it's all around to see. 
If we try, and maybe it's been inside of me.
All this time. 
Love love love,
Love love love
Love love love
-Season of Love, Shiny Toy Guns

I had my devotions at work. While waiting for my students to raise their flag (they raise their flags when they have a question or they're going to check their PACES, or go to the toilet, etc), I summoned myself in deep contemplation. Well, it was not so deep because I needed to look after my students from time to time too. Hehehe.


I really don't have a problem with loving others 'cause I am a sweet person and I usually show affection to people I love through my frequent love languages: time, touch, and words (sometimes spoken, usually written). But the verses in my quiet time reminded me to love others unconditionally. If God has loved me at my worst, how can I not love others at theirs?

As for my devotional book for 2012, Hannah suggested that I buy "Utmost for His Highest." I could not resist finding the book so I commuted to Trinoma after work. After an almost hopeless case, I decided to go back to National Book Store and ask for the book in the Customer's Service. Luckily, they had stocks and it was only the matter of finding the right display table. I found it!
Studied at the Music Room. Much better!
My boyfriend tempted me this P&F. I didn't give in. ((: Thanks Tita Cynthia and Tito Bong for this!
January 11, 2012 | Day 6: Keep In Step

You tore the veil. You made a way.
When you said that it is done.
-At The Cross, Hillsong

This song was the first one that played in my head when I began my quiet time. Surprisingly, I still remembered the melody and the lyrics so well. It was undoubtedly an old song. Sweet!

The fasting was getting tough. Gatorade has helped me a lot in overcoming my weaknesses. But I just continued praying and praying. I could not give up now.

God has spoken, "I am the vine; you are the branches." He is the ultimate reason why I am doing this.



Snakes & Ladders: Kulelat si Teacher lagi. Tuwang tuwa naman sila! Hahaha.
EDR 201 Project 2 has already been killing me. I logged out from work early because I needed to borrow books. I found Maniac Magee, started reading it at the Reserve Section,  only to found out later that I could not borrow it. They said I was not listed in the eligible students list who could borrow storybooks. Seriously, I wasted my time. 
At least I got my UP ID signed.
And so we are now stuck with Xilef...
My TOEFL Scores arrived. It's not like I didn't see it in the internet. HAH! I will be BETTER this year. \m/
January 12, 2012 | Day 7: Keep Doing Good

Sing, sing, sing.
-Chris Tomlin

I am a daughter of God and I am destined for reaping with songs of joy. I am a woman who dreams, whose mouth is filled with laughter and tongue with songs of joy. The Lord is my hope and strength. I will sing all my praises to Him. <3

Despite the sufferings I have experienced and even the dysmenorrhea attack that welcomed  me in my last day of prayer and fasting, I have ended this happily. The only thing that made me a little sad was being bedridden and sleeping at the time of the last prayer meeting. Still, I am thankful that God took care of me and my condition. I felt much better. I still felt closer to Him.

I really love God. I don't know how many times I will say that. But I believe this love for Him will be stronger this year.

As for the faith goals I have written in my pretty brown "Godly Ramblings" notebook, I have no idea how God will work on them this year. But I believe He knows what I really need, not only what my heart desires. Similarly to last year, I may not get every faith goal I wrote but I believe He will replace them with better ones. He is still going to give the best.

This year, the theme of my faith goals is to thrive. I will sow and sow this year.. cultivate it... and wait patiently for the harvest. When God said it is coming, it will. No doubt.

Have a happy new year ahead of you! May God bless you with the desires of your heart. <3

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram

All rights reserved. © 2018 Kaye Sigua

Everything in this blog is created by the owner unless otherwise stated. (:


Total Pageviews