When Totoro Meets Kaye

Maybe some of you have known that I am really inlove with this big hairy mammal with-no-definite-species: Totoro. I have been watching...


Maybe some of you have known that I am really inlove with this big hairy mammal with-no-definite-species: Totoro. I have been watching the movie since childhood and as far as I know, my Dad introduced the movie to me while we were living in Japan. I never stopped watching it each year.

The truth is, I have been scavenging lots of internet sites for years but I couldn't find a Ghibli store here or any seller who sells Ghibli stuff. It was only this year that I found one seller who also happened to be an avid fan with a huge collection of the dolls. But she was living somewhere in Laguna. She was selling second-hand and brandnew Totoro dolls to me but I was having second thoughts on them due to their expensive prices and availability. I was looking for a Totoro doll which is dark grey and large enough to hug in my arms. She was offering small ones in very expensive prices.

I almost gave up, I tell you. Totoro was really difficult to find. Then I just listened to my Dad who said he'll just buy me one once he travels to Japan next year. He told me to wait. Then a friend of mine also told me to buy it myself and she'll accompany me. I actually listened to their advice and just trust God that He will let me have one someday soon.

Last weekend, I suddenly remembered searching for it and so I did type "Totoro" in the search box in Ebay. To my amazement, there it was: 


Studio Ghibli Tonari no Totoro Big Plush 16 inches!



I was jumping for joy and I quickly texted the seller that I was super duper interested in buying it. I was hoping it was not from a far-away island in our country. In fact, I found out that the seller does meet-ups in UP and he could meet me there. Easy and convenient! Definitely God-meant. 


Love at first sight :")
Talking like friends ((:


K: "I have looked for you everywhere!"
Huggable Totoro, indeed! (:

And so I just got Totoro today. Thanks really to God who have made it all possible. I prayed for this! :P

Trivia: One security guard thought the seller was my boyfriend/my brother because we looked alike. HAHAHA. He was actually one of the members of some Anime Federation or something because of the jacket he was wearing. Never really thought of joining those groups. ((:

You Might Also Like

8 comments

  1. Inggit! Hahahaha! Ang cute ni Totoro. Mag-Japan naman tayo, Kaye. Haha kung mag-aya ako parang ang daling makapuntang Japan okay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Feel na feel ko ang kaligayahan mo Kaye! :))

    @Ella: sama ako sa Japan! hahaha. In like 3 years. xD

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Ella: HAHAHA. I wish lang payagan ka ni Tita Sally 'no?! BWAHAHAHAHA. :P :P :P

    @Casey: Obvious naman di ba? Sinadya ko 'yan. HAHAHA. And you're welcome to go with us! LOL. 'Wag naman 3 years! ((:

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute cute! I like totoro, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Nana: Cool! You must have watched it a lot of times too. :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww ♥ you look sooo cute together! Punta pa rin tayong Japan kahit may Totoro ka na! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Btw, Kaye, I really like the layout of your blog! Paturo naman ng basic HTML! hehe ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Joni: Hihi. Thanks Joni. Happy he found my home! And yes, of course! One of these days, let's go to Japan! :D

    Kaya mo rin 'yan. Haha. Let's change the layout of your blog sometime. Dala tayo laptop 'pag nagbonding. ((:

    @Maria: Thank you so much for the follow! I'll be glad to follow your fashion blog as well. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Instagram

All rights reserved. © 2018 Kaye Sigua

Everything in this blog is created by the owner unless otherwise stated. (:


Total Pageviews