Potter Forever

Many people would have wrote a blog about the scenes in the movie but I wouldn't do that to spoil the others, especially the fans. I jus...

Many people would have wrote a blog about the scenes in the movie but I wouldn't do that to spoil the others, especially the fans. I just need to express what I feel though I really don't know how to do this right now.

10 whole years of the Potter fever had passed. Thanks to the wonderful J.K. Rowling for creating such a character, a series, and a story that could possibly be kept forever in a whole lot of people's minds. I believe I was in grade 3 when the first Harry Potter book came out. I bought the first book, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone and started reading each book that comes out bit by bit. Some of them I borrowed from friends and some I have downloaded in .pdf format so that I can read it in my Palm pilot whenever I went. Yes, I honestly got madly addicted to the series that I didn't stop until I finished each book. Harry Potter marathon!

When I watched the Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 with my whole family tonight (sorry for my brother because he watched it twice in two consecutive nights), I was dumbstricken at the end. I think I like the word dumbshocked more because shocking was the best way to describe "The End" and the fact that it ended perfectly. I overheard one girl said, "Isn't it the best ending ever?" I couldn't help but answer in my head, "It was!" But I was too shocked to let the ending register. I was just sitting there quietly on my chair looking at the credits with a blank face. Please do not get me wrong because I loved it. This always happens to me every time I see something I really loved. I get dumbshocked. Dumbstricken. Dumbfounded. Whatever. I am too dumb to respond.

Well, I honestly could say "It was not the ending I am expecting" like most people. I would wholeheartedly agree for we do not want it to end in the first place. We wanted it to be a neverending story wherein J.K. Rowling could bring us to the Potter world for the rest of our lives. But it still has to end for all of us, right? So that was why I am not giving any badass comments on this movie. It was not one of those movies that ended and all I had to say was, "Ano ba 'yon? (What the?)" or "Anong nangyare? (What happened?)"  True, I craved for more at the end. But isn't it what people always do? People are never going to be satisfied with how the books come out in the movies. Our imaginations are extremely wider than a director's imagination alone.

So yeah, blimey Kaye! It was the best ending that it could ever be.

...

Just like what Neville Longbottom has said.. even if Harry Potter may open at the close, he is still going to remain in our hearts. He will always be around.







Potter Forever. <3

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. Harry Potter photos, gifs and blog entries make me cry now okay. D:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww. Antaas ng expectations ko sa fighting scenes so when I saw the actual shots, I was saddened. But hey, I still very much love the series. Even though I feel that way about the fighting scenes, I agree that the movie ended perfectly. And pambawi ang memories ni Snape! Super heeartwarming pa rin. Tulad nga ng pag-describe ko sa brother ko, it's a better tragic love story than romeo and juliet :))

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Ella: Me too. :"( Let's have a Harry Potter movie marathon!!! HAHAHA.

    @Casey: Actually, I was not so impressed by the fighting scenes but it was still pretty good to me. I guess I didn't really expect much from the movie. ((: I agree that the tragic love story between Snape and Lily was one of the finest twists of the movie. I started loving Snape after I read the book because of that. (:

    ReplyDelete

Instagram

All rights reserved. © 2018 Kaye Sigua

Everything in this blog is created by the owner unless otherwise stated. (:


Total Pageviews