God never fails

I felt mixed emotions throughout the week: excited, happy, lonely, scared, shy, sad, hopeful, and many others. Honestly, I miss our home bec...

I felt mixed emotions throughout the week: excited, happy, lonely, scared, shy, sad, hopeful, and many others. Honestly, I miss our home because it has been my "workplace" for the last 9 months. Aside from my tutoring, I got busy with studying for my Licensure Examination for Teachers, cultivating my keyboard skills, and helping out in the home. I never regretted being "idle" really because it brought me closer to my dreams (one is even done because I became a licensed teacher!). Another is that it heightened my relationship with God to another level. I am happy though there were times that I was longing for a job experience already.

First Day - Yeah, it's a vain picture. Hahahaha.
But God was not late in giving me that experience. He is ALWAYS on time. Starting January, I started applying to a lot of schools. I was my hoping that my dream Christian schools were going to hire me but they didn't call me back. There were also some schools who were about to accept me but I have backed out for I saw some factors that could affect my job.

When I stopped applying, I never stopped praying. I decided to have prayer and fasting on my own in order to let God do the work. I entrusted him my career path and everything else followed according to His plans. On the 2nd day of my prayer and fasting, a Christian school which I have found in the internet emailed me. I didn't gave importance to it at first because I was still hoping for another school. But then they called me in the afternoon. My reaction was like: "LOL. Ayaw talaga palagpasin (referring to Him). ((: Sige na nga, Lord. ((:" So they schedule an interview on the 4th day of my prayer and fasting. The most hilarious thing happened because the head teacher of the school was my UPIS teacher!!! HAHA. I wouldn't say what grade level in order to respect her. Hee hee. But at that time, the interview became so light and comfortable to me that I actually loved it.

After that interview, I also tried looking for other schools to apply for. But due to a series of unfortunate events, those schools didn't also gave me what I was looking for. I also didn't get to have the time to look for other schools because I was the "mother" of the house with two younger brothers. I was getting furious at times but I held my guard. I thought, "What if I'm working now, who will take care of the home? Who will wake up very early in the morning just to give the keys to the early risers (referring to boarders)?" It was only me. Asa sa brothers ko. No offense but true. And honestly, they have pissed me off. Hahahaha. But God also prepared me to wake up as early as possible because I had to do this when I'm already working. Moreover, I already bore in mind that God always works on time. And He did because the school replied to my email that they wanted to interview me for the second time.

Honestly, I wasn't really 100% convinced that day that I will go for the school. But they let me think it over for a week. I asked for counsel from my parents and friends. At first, they said I shouldn't take it but then my cousin said I should fast and let myself hear God's voice alone. That way, I can understand what He is trying to tell me. Actually, He did spoke to me only within a day. His words spoke to me clearly and I understood it completely. I was even surprised that He didn't just give me advice about what I was asking at that moment. He gave me a picture of more: my future.

I couldn't be more excited with what God is doing in this season of my life. He is already at work. And slowly, I'm getting used to just me and Him together... against the world. Hahahaha kiddin'.

No matter what others say, I will stand firm in my decision this time. This is God-willed. And I know he's trying to teach me great things that I will surely need when I started living and working in a different place. I will get there.

Btw, my name now is "Teacher Karen." I'll bring back "Teacher Kaye" again when I've grown. (((:

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Congrats Teacher Karen! :D Natawa ako sa asa sa brothers ko hahahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like such a cool calendar! Anyhow, congrats!


    Fashezine

    ReplyDelete

Instagram

All rights reserved. © 2018 Kaye Sigua

Everything in this blog is created by the owner unless otherwise stated. (:


Total Pageviews