5 Things That Give Joy: Week 2

October 24-30, 2022 I'm enjoying this writing activity more than I expected. It doesn't give me the pressure to write something inte...

October 24-30, 2022

I'm enjoying this writing activity more than I expected. It doesn't give me the pressure to write something interesting for others. I just needed to write for myself and allow the words to come out. 

This week is another full workload. Whenever I arrive home, I have to cook dinner, do household chores, and have a little ME time. Then, I can eat, clean up, and relax with my husband, Kensho. The household chores are the same and I couldn't squeeze in some of the things that I want to do. But these five things give me joy and I am grateful.

1. Good people at work

I am really thankful that the people that I work with every day are very kind. Sometimes they leave food on my table or hand it out to me personally sometimes. They don't provide "emotional" support always but they don't discriminate either. They must be having their own idea of me when they watch me work. But I haven't heard any complaints from them. One of the Japanese Teachers of English that I work with also told me that she has not been told bad things about me either. So, I must be doing just fine. Yahoo!

2. New Home

For months after we got married in March, Kensho and I have looked for apartments and houses online, talked with agents, and visited some in person. But we couldn't find the right fit. Then one night when we were both on the brink and I was complaining to him about my frustration, he opened his phone right away and looked. A new advertisement for a pet-friendly 1LDK apartment appeared at once! What great timing! The next day, Kensho called them right away because there might be a lot of people looking for the apartment that we wanted. Our goal is to find a place close to the convenience store, supermarket, post office, etc., where we can keep a pet, and where I can commute by train to my schools. Ayabe station is just 7 minutes away. 

It's amazing when we've found the place where all of our top needs would be met, we could decide right away. We're so excited that we have been telling each other every day, "I want to move, I want to move." We've never felt this much desire to move to a new place. ((:

Last Saturday, we signed the contract and received all the papers. This is such a great blessing!

3. Leading People to Jesus

I started as a substitute leader for the International Girls Connect Group when my leader couldn't make it because she had to take care of her newborn last February to March this year. I have been joining the group since November 2019 when I first came to Lifehouse Kyoto Church and met a lot of great women of God. Since the pandemic started, the group has been meeting online. But a lot of girls have come and gone back home, moved to a different church or country, and became busy with their jobs and life in general. I couldn't blame them because a church evolves in various ways and nothing is permanent. 

I stepped up a lot this year. At first, I was so hesitant in taking the lead because I feel inadequate and far from the main church. I couldn't go to church every Sunday because Kyoto city is two hours away. The only thing I can do consistently is to be there online. So far, the groups are still meeting online and that's one thing that's never gonna disappear, I guess, due to the nature of people attending. 

I have been given this task as a way of serving God. I am excited about what He is doing and the greater things coming ahead!

4. Love

I'm really happy that I could speak to my loved ones in the Philippines, America, Hungary, Germany, and other parts of the world through social media anytime I want. I really miss my family and friends so much. There are days that I just cry and get emotional. It's tough being away from people that I've spent almost the past 35 years with. 

5. My Birthday

My husband and I woke up at midnight and noticed that there are only 7 minutes left before October 30th. We started to pray in bed and waited excitedly. Then when the clock struck 12, he said "Otanjoubi omedetou, chan-Kaye. Kansha shimasu." which means "Happy birthday, Kaye-chan. I am grateful." We finished our prayers and hugged each other. It didn't start quite well when we woke up in the morning. I was having a hormonal imbalance again. Huhu. But Kensho was so patient and kind. He tried to help me pick out something to wear even though it was really hard for me. He also listened and hugged me when I uttered my frustrations about myself. We were supposed to go to Lifehouse Kyoto church but since it was traffic, we couldn't make it and just went back in time to watch the online service. It was the right choice because we were able to listen to the preaching well and received God's Word clearly. Afterward, Kensho took a quick nap, and then we went shopping for wine, pasta sauce, and pickles at Yamasho, and went window shopping for appliances at AEON Mall. We were so amused by the different features of refrigerators and washing machines and shocked by the prices. Then, Kensho and I went to Kinugawa to buy a fruit cake. We went home, relaxed, and cooked dinner together. After taking a warm bath, I blew out my cake. Kensho even closed the lights to get a dim effect. It was very sweet! He said that he wasn't able to buy a present. But I told him that our new apartment is our gift to each other. It was a very simple but genuine celebration with no need for pretensions and fancy things. 

Last year, I also got engaged. I couldn't believe that it has only been that long. In a year, we were able to hold two weddings with our families and friends. 

God is so good! I should continue believing and being grateful for the smallest things.

Thank you so much, Lord.

I look forward to the joy that You bring to my life every day.

K

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram

All rights reserved. © 2018 Kaye Sigua

Everything in this blog is created by the owner unless otherwise stated. (:


Total Pageviews