Remember November

I often wonder what’s next in this phase now that I am in the land that I have been dreaming about for a long time. God...




I often wonder what’s next in this phase now that I am in the land that I have been dreaming about for a long time.

God made one big dream come true. But it doesn’t end here, right? 2019 is about to end and the question of "How will you spend your last month this year?" still has no answer. 

But God doesn’t work with limitations.

In 2015, I traveled to Hakone with my family. I remembered this verse during one of my reflections.

Wait on the Lord in expectant faith right now. Keep your eyes above, lift your eyes to the hills for where does your help come from? It comes from the Maker of Heaven and Earth Psalm 121 (ESV)

"They who wait for the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint." Isaiah 40:31 (ESV)

Waiting. This is one of the hardest part of life. We all face a waiting game everyday. Sometimes we wait for a short time and some takes months and years. There is one thing that I am sure of when waiting. 

God is not finished yet.

I am not staying on the same page. I am just being prepared for the next.

My transcendent phase in Japan has just begun. And the events will only be known to me as they unfold.

Whether they unfold beautifully or not, these events are beneficial to my growth. They are teaching me to glorify God in everything, and reminding me that this life is not my own but for Him to use in Kingdom purposes.

During my eight months here in Japan, one of the beautiful things that God has done in my life is give me a new spiritual family here in Kyoto. I first found a Japanese Protestant church in Ayabe.  Though I couldn't understand the preachings in this church, the people there are really kind and generous. Early November, I was able to attend Lifehouse Kyoto, a church that I found even before I came to Japan. The only problem is the location which was far from Ayabe. The people there are similar to my home church in Victory/Every Nation. I could easily speak about my faith in God with them. I really think speaking to people about God face to face is really beneficial to my spiritual growth. I really wish to improve my Japanese so I could speak with Japanese Christians too who couldn't speak English. These churches have been an answered prayer after months of praying before I came to Japan. I am grateful that He not only gave me one church but two.

In these two translations of 1 Corinthians 2:9, I am reminded of God's amazing plans and how He will carry every plan into completion.

Things never discovered or heard of before,
things beyond our ability to imagine—
these are the many things God has in store
for all his lovers. 
1 Corinthians 2:9 (TPT)

“What no eye has seen, nor ear heard,

nor the heart of man imagined,
what God has prepared for those who love him” 
1 Corinthians 2:9 (ESV)

God is really amazing. He knows what we need in every season.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram

All rights reserved. © 2018 Kaye Sigua

Everything in this blog is created by the owner unless otherwise stated. (:


Total Pageviews