How Faith Can Work in Your Visa Application

In the past 5 years, I have applied to four visa applications. The first one was the U.S. Visa which I could consider as the stricte...


In the past 5 years, I have applied to four visa applications. The first one was the U.S. Visa which I could consider as the strictest application in comparison to the other three. I applied for a U.S. visa by myself because my mother applied earlier than me. I was very surprised by the 10-year validation they gave me. My second one was Schengen visa for my trip to Denmark, Hungary, France, and Austria with my mother. This was only valid for 12 days. The third one was Japan visa which happened to be the quickest and easiest among the four. To my surprise, the visa was valid for 3 years. Of course, the most recent visa application was the Korean visa. I was given 59 days.

Complying with the rules and completing the requirements is a must to be able to be granted a visa. Being able to do those can assure an approval but I believe that a greater purpose always lies beneath it. In this blog, I want to share a few basic tips on how to apply for a visa.

Establish Strong Ties with Your Country

Almost all visas that I have applied for seek this. International embassies want to know if you are going back to the Philippines and when you plan to go back. Aside from the purpose of your trip, the most important thing for them is your intention to come back to your own country. Giving proof of this will strengthen your application. A stable job that you are committed to or an undergraduate or graduate course that you need to finish is a strong proof.

Collect Travel Stamps

Past travel stamps could be a big help. The consular officers will really look at your travel history. If you have travelled to other countries and have come back to the Philippines, then it will show a pattern of returning and not fleeing away to be a TNT (Tago Nang Tago). In my case, I was asked about my past travels when I applied for my U.S. visa. I told the consular officer about my first trip to Japan, Hong Kong, Macau, and Singapore. If you can travel to non-visa countries first in order to gain travel stamps, then do so.

Proof of Income

Having an income to spend on your travels will be easily proven when you are applying with a parent or a sponsor to pay for your travels. But when you are applying on your own, you have to obtain your own Bank Certificate. Borrowing a "show money" can be a big help if you have not saved enough. You only have to make sure that the money stays there until your visa is approved or disapproved. I hope the latter will not happen to you! You must also remember that visa will not be approved or disapproved based on your income alone. All the requirements submitted will be considered.

Certificate of Employment

When requesting for a Certificate of Employment, especially for part-time employees, make sure that your employer indicated the date of your return to work. This will clearly indicate that your employee knows about your travel and that you are committed to come back.

Pray

Pray about your application and your trip. We all know that traveling abroad is not made available to everyone. I believe traveling abroad is a calling, not just a vacation or a career trip. God sends us to places whether local or abroad to witness. So if you believe that God is sending you somewhere, your visa will surely be approved!

In my case, my applications were all tests of faith. When I applied for my U.S. visa, I was still on a probationary status in the company that I worked for. When I applied for my Schengen visa, I was taking difficult subjects in graduate school. When I applied for my Japan visa, I was not in a good financial situation. When I applied for my Korean visa, I am on a probationary status, I am writing my thesis, and I am not in a good financial situation. But when I trusted God, He provided for everything--visa application fees, favor from my professors and employers, and financial support. He is capable of doing so much more because He not only works in my visa applications, He works in the entire trip.

If you want to know more about applying for a visa, feel free to comment below. I wish to help you in whatever way I can. God bless on your visa applications! (:

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram

All rights reserved. © 2018 Kaye Sigua

Everything in this blog is created by the owner unless otherwise stated. (:


Total Pageviews