It Is Going to be a Great Year

Despite the lack of posts for two weeks due to work and studies, I have been wanting to write about what 2014 has been doing in my life. I...

Despite the lack of posts for two weeks due to work and studies, I have been wanting to write about what 2014 has been doing in my life.

In January, I celebrated the new year with my family in our humble home. We didn't light up any firecrackers but we still ate food and greeted each other at midnight. I also spent that morning traveling to Olongapo with my Mom, two titas, and one cousin. We visited the Merzas, our relatives from my grandmother's side.  Since it was a day trip, we traveled back home early in the afternoon. That night, I went to Genesis bus terminal in Cubao with two of my greatest college friends and we traveled to Baler, Aurora. We surfed, practiced yoga, ate, and visited one beautiful tourist spot. Being with the family and friends was a great trip to start the year.

A day of firsts.
Classes resumed once more and I was back to work and to my MA classes in Eduk. Though I missed the Christmas vacation a lot, I was energized and off to a good start. I also fasted for 5 days alongside my Victory churchmates. God guided me in making my faith goals. This time, I survived liquid fast and one-two meals each day. There was also another great challenge that God made me face. It was to stand up for my rights as an employee and let our voices be heard. After the meeting, our concerns were addressed and every detail was explained as it was supposed to be from the start. All thanks to God!

Back to school with a smile (:
February was filled with love.  Despite the great list of things to do, I felt God's love everywhere I went. I rekindled myself in His embrace as I faced each day. He guided me when I wrote the students reports and conducted the Parent-Teacher Conferences. He also boosted my strength when I started writing and rewriting my mock thesis Chapters 1 and 2 and preparing my Chapter 3 for my Educational Research class. Also, God even gave me a greater challenge when I found out that I am supposed to write another set of Chapters 1-3 for my Special Education research class. I could not complain neither to God nor to my teachers. So I accepted the challenge with a calm heart and mind. I can do this through God who gives me strength! I also continued my yoga practice despite my lack of budget and time. I entrusted my financial concerns and time management to God. And so far, I have been attending at least once or twice a month. (:

Even my commitment to volunteer in church this year has been renewed. I am now committed to joining the Kids Church Ministry for it is the only ministry that I could afford to give my time. There is no need to practice throughout the week and no need to attend rehearsals on Saturdays or early Sunday mornings. I just need to be early before the service twice a month. Honestly, I will definitely miss Music Team. But the right ministry for me was part of my faith goals. I know God is leading me back to my first calling which is to teach.


As for Valentine's Day/Love Month, I  have enjoyed and learned a lot from the It's Not That Complicated series in church. I was also blessed by the lovely people who kept on showing me love and care and inspired to witness my future love story that God has started to write for me. I know it is going to be beautifully written. For now, I will continue to have wonderful dates with my God.

Though I am not sure what God has in store for me in March and the rest of the year, I am sure that he will give me challenges that I can face and breakthroughs that will bring me joy. I am inspired to do more things for Him!

Spring is coming. Time of rebirth.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram

All rights reserved. © 2018 Kaye Sigua

Everything in this blog is created by the owner unless otherwise stated. (:


Total Pageviews