Hello, Singapore!

I have never traveled by myself, meaning without a parent or a respected adult, ever before. This is my first time to do it with my friend D...

I have never traveled by myself, meaning without a parent or a respected adult, ever before. This is my first time to do it with my friend Daphne who is also sharing the same first-hand experience and never-ending excitement to explore a new country apart from our own. We have chosen Singapore because we heard so many great things about it and it is relatively smaller than most Asian countries.

We scheduled our trip approximately three nights and three days from March 21, 2011 to March 24, 2011. It is kind of short for exploration though we thought at first that it was enough considering the country's size. My Dad was really kind enough to give us a ride to the airport despite his busy work. I was even surprised that he gave me some pocket money which I think I really got to use because of what happened to me (read on later hahahaha). What my Dad did was actually more than enough. I love him for that. <3




We arrived at the NAIA Terminal three three hours earlier (thinking of this makes me sick haha). We did fine with checking in, paying our travel taxes and terminal fees. After that, we ate dinner at Dimsum and Dumpling and relaxed for a bit. Then we proceeded to immigration. Here, we were kind of confused because I remember my boarding pass as a thicker paper and not just a receipt. So we made a little commotion there at the line. ((:  All went fine after that. We stayed for an hour at the waiting area and we were really getting so sleepy but we couldn't sleep. So we just took some pictures. Ha-ha.



F21 red beanie * blue and white striped long sleeved shirt *
Danskin black leggings * AsianVogue korean black combat boots

From the Changi Budget Terminal Airport, BeesyBus picked us up right on time. We were really happy because we were the only passengers in the bus and it was cheap already. It was past 12 midnight and the comfort of being inside the vehicle really calmed us down.


We stayed in Betel Box Backpackers Hostel which is really a great place to stay and meet a lot of people from other nations. The owner, Mr. T was also very accommodating and welcoming to us. We were very hungry when we arrived but our appetites did fail us. When we went back to the hostel to buy noodles instead  of eating outside, we were offered empanadas by the whole group of men having a little party for a known man and his group who have just achieved a Guinness World Record (but I don't really know what 'cause of the many accomplishments Mr. T enumerated to us haha). I just said, "Wow" to the man with a big smile. He looked familiar though. HAHA. When we were seated at a table, a guy from Netherlands named Nathan (not using his real name here) started talking to us. He was really kind and very smart, not to mention DDG. I won't say all the things that we talked about here because it's usually about the basic information about ourselves and travelling. We did bond with him a little until it was time for us to sleep (though I wasn't really sleepy but Daphne was! hahaha). It's 2AM already and we were all wide awake.

Organizing stuff

My locker (:
When we have semi-organized our things and tried our best to prepare our beds, we decided to hit the sack. At first, I really couldn't sleep because of the air-conditioner right on top of my bed and the absence of a soft pillow which I am longing to embrace (lol). But eventually, I did sleep. We both need it for a long day tomorrow. Sentosa, here we come!

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Hahaha hello Ella! I will post the second blog soon. Thanks for reading. (:

    ReplyDelete

Instagram

All rights reserved. © 2018 Kaye Sigua

Everything in this blog is created by the owner unless otherwise stated. (:


Total Pageviews