Full Blown Itinerary

Have you ever had a schedule that is so jampacked you only had around 30 minutes to an hour to see all your desired places? But still, you f...

Have you ever had a schedule that is so jampacked you only had around 30 minutes to an hour to see all your desired places? But still, you failed to see them because there were unexpectedly some places that you desired to stay in for a long time. This happened to us in our last full day in Singapore. Couldn't this get any crazier? Haha!

March 23 (ooooh love this day!) has indeed started with Daphne and I waking up later than what we had planned. We were supposed to be out and about at 8:00 a.m. but we just woke up at that time. We hurried downstairs for breakfast (DDG Nathan greeted us good morning but didn't sit with us), took a bath, and went downstairs for our water refills. I bumped into the Nathan in the kitchen. Obviously, he was just about to eat breakfast with the usual backpackers in the hostel. He asked me where we were heading and I told him, "Singapore Botanical.." but he didn't let me finish 'cause he couldn't seem to hear what I just said so he moved closer to me, and I repeated, "Singapore Botanical Gardens." Then he said, "Ahh, the gardens. Flowers." I nodded and asked, "Have you been there?" He said, "No. I haven't." And then he muttered something and said," Well, enjoy your day," while passing by. I looked at him, smiled and said, "Sure. You too!" HAHA. Loser me. Really.

Anyway, we're out on the streets at 9:30 a.m. Again, we were still clueless on which direction to go. Every street looked the same! ((: But we were able to walk to the nearest bus station which took us to Eunos MRT Station. From there, we traveled to the East side of the Green Line. The trip took us around 45 minutes. o_O I was getting worried already when it was around 10:00 a.m. because we were supposed to meet ate Sen at 11:00 a.m. at Orchard MRT Station. When we arrived at our destination--Jurong East, we went out of the station and towards the bus stop downstairs. We read the schedule posted on the wall that the arrival time of the bus was every 45 minutes and that the next bus will be arriving at 11:45 a.m. We thought this was the Singapore Botanical Gardens alright! So we just decided to come back maybe later if we have the time. When we arrived at the train station again, we asked a station worker how to get west but we didn't know it could take 15 minutes for him to help us! Hahaha. He did help us but his instructions were so confusing that we even got back to the same station twice. WEIRD. It took around 45 minutes again for us to get to Dhoby Gaut MRT station. I was really worried because ate Sen was waiting and we were like 30-45 minutes late already. Lost in Singapore!!!! We wasted so much time. (((:


When we finally arrived at Orchard MRT station, I quickly spotted ate Sen. I ran to her and greeted her happily. She was a real fashionista! She had a cute scarf around her shoulders that matched her outfit. Cutie! ;) Anyway, she decided where to eat because she knew most of the restaurants around the place more than we do. We ate inside Lucky Plaza instead of JustAcia though she still insisted on visiting that restaurant when we eat dinner. We went to the food court and ate some of the famous local foods which I really couldn't remember the name. For me, it tasted yummy but a little spicy. Yum for me! I ate them until I had no appetite to eat the spicy foods any longer. It was also accompanied by a chicharap-like chips similar to that in Chowking. It helped sustain the spiciness. Sorry, I did not take any pictures of it. I forgot because I was so hungry and excited to talk all of a sudden. Ate Sen asked where we were heading and we said to the Singapore Botanical Gardens. She told us the directions on how to get there and laughed at our misconception of Chinese and Japanese Gardens at Jurong East. Okay now. My bad. T_T

Lucky Plaza was like a Filipino zone. There were plenty of Filipinos, popular Philippine shops, and a lot of money changers. We went out of the plaza to roam around but it was time for ate Sen to go because she had work. We planned to meet up later in the evening after her work to go to the Zouk Club.



Daphne and I discovered Orchard Road on our own. We had fun looking at the famous stores all over the streets. We went inside some of our favorite shops: Zara, Topshop, Cotton On, and Forever 21. Honestly, we had no time to visit every store! HAHA. So we just took pictures of them while we could. We didn't shop much though we took advantage of the sale in Cotton On. I bought one pair of black Rubi shoes which were so cute and comfortable to wear. Then I also bought one pair of summer shades that would really look great with my new Ripcurl bikini at home just by looking at it! Hahaha. I got so excited for summer! I was really tempted to buy summer hats like the one I was wearing but I know I couldn't shop too much (Thank God I didn't for what was about to happen lol). They weren't on sale. HAHA.









When we thought we have roamed enough, we went to the other side of the street to head straight back to the station. But before we did that, we just had a little street photoshoot. "Closer" (Natalie Portman) style! Check them out. ;)




F21 straw hat * F21 black tank top * thrifted long embroidered and lacey skirt
* Shoebox black strappy gladiator sandals * hippie wooden bangle


We headed straight to the Orchard MRT station right away and went straight to I-really-don't-remember where. (((: But we took a two-level bus to Singapore Botanical Gardens. We sat at the second level of the bus in order to get some sight-seeing of the city. It took around 10 minutes only. I was excited to finally have our nature trip 'cause we didn't get to see the Chinese and Japanese Gardens which was also really beautiful based on the reviews. But being in the Botanical Gardens somehow gave us the time to calm down, reflect, and relax. This place is a real must-see. ;)







Scary
Swan Lake

















After spending some time inside the gardens, we went to the nearest MRT station to get to Queenstown MRT station. We visited IKEA and Anchorpoint which is situated in front of each other. We went into IKEA first wherein we saw so many wonderful interior designs, furnishings, decorations, and other stuffs for the home. The designs were really modern and they were really cheap. We got so excited in designing our own homes just like that. There were some stuff that we decided to buy and not to buy because it was really hard to bring them home. Haha! And we weren't in the mood to decorate our old rooms yet. Maybe if we had a new room, an apartment, or even a house of our own which will happen in a very long time (I think haha).


In Anchorpoint, there was not much to see. Daphne really wanted to see Charles & Keith so we went straight ahead to the store. To no luck, she didn't like any of the shoe designs and I also didn't find the right pair of shoes for my Mom. :( At this time, Lorenz was calling us but I kept missing his call. So when he finally got to reach us, we arranged a dinner together at JustAcia which was just located at Dhoby Gaut MRT station.

On the way there, we also dropped by Bugis to see the "Divi-like" mall that they have. Unfortunately, we didn't like any of the items there either. It was so crowded and our feet were killing us already. So we just went to Dhoby Gaut to meet Lorenz. He was trying to call me again but I couldn't receive a call anymore because of insufficient balance. Tip: If you are Globe user, you are going to lose a lot of credits if you keep receiving messages from other networks. I think it is also similar to Smart users. And when you receive a call, both of you will be charged. That was why I had P900 worth of load used up. Can you believe it?? Next time, arrange it well with your friends--who will text who, who will buy load, etc. It also helps to turn off your phones when you are not using it. When you are getting lost, then it's time to open it. ;)

Actually, I was the one who found Lorenz standing in one railing handling his phone and looking straight at the passing crowd. I immediately ran up to him and said, "Loreeeeeeenz!!!!" And he said he was like, "Uy boses ni Kaye 'yon ah!" HAHA. We all thought we wouldn't be able to see each other so it was really a relief that we did. Lorenz also did not know where JustAcia was located but we found it eventually. The three of us were really hungry so it was another relief that the restaurant had bottomless drinks and free flowing ice cream. But our appetite failed us again because the food has already filled our hungry stomachs. Daphne and I availed of two drinks and one sundae. Lorenz only availed of one each. Sayang ang free flowing. Hahaha.


My dish
Lorenz's dish
Daph's dish
Free flow
Chatting with Lorenz was like being in college all over again. Honestly, we did miss him! He was still the usual hilarious guy that we knew though he was wearing formal clothes and clinging to a laptop. He introduced us to this great idea: Work in Singapore! HAHAHA. We talked about it the whole time we were eating. And then he asked about our itinerary for the night. We said we were still planning to go to Marina Bay Sands Sky Tower and then to Zouk Club. We insisted that he should also come along with us. He said he had a training tomorrow, he would teach, and he still had to study what he would teach. BUT, like influential UP students, we convinced him to go with us to Marina Bay Sands. Woohoooo! \m/

On the way to the train station, Daphne was really getting worried that she wouldn't be able to buy Rubi shoes for her sister and one pair of shoes for her mom. She really wanted to drop by City Hall MRT station. So we just let her go there and Lorenz and I took the bus to Marina Bay Sands. We were really getting worried that Daphne wouldn't be able to get to us so I texted her all the instructions. Lorenz and I went down at the bus stop in front of Marina Bay Sands. We crossed the street and asked the Concierge for more information on how to get to the Sky Tower. He told us that the tower has already closed at 10:00 pm. It was already a few minutes past 10 at that time we arrived. Bummer. :| He said we could still go up but we had to pay a 50 dollar (SGD) drink in order to enter the tower. Wooow. No way jose! So that was the reason why we didn't get to climb the Sky Tower. Tower Bummer. :|





So Lorenz and I just waited for Daphne in front of the mall in view of the bay. It was really beautiful at night. The only thing missing was the Merlion which was struck by lighting according to Lorenz. LOL. We took turns taking pictures of the beautiful city lights of the bay. When Daphne came, she was really happy to found cute floral shoes for her sister and another pair of shades for herself. We also took solo pictures of her and then some pictures of us together by twos. We had tons of laughtrips though it was getting late and we still needed to get back to the hostel and meet ate Sen at Holiday Inn Hotel which is a walking distance from Zouk Club. Her home was also nearby so it was easier for her to meet us there. Again, we were really late. We owe ate Sen big time for this. ((:






Pedestrian walkway
One last look
There's the Singapore Flyer!
This is the first time that I dress up for clubbing so unprepared. I was really getting pissed off because I was losing and losing credits and I was the one being contacted all the time. But the taxi driver was really an angel because he had us call ate Sen on her cell phone. But still, I'm pissed off. The bad air only drained out when ate Sen arrived and we started walking towards Zouk. I was also supposed to meet my Chictopia friend Maryjane but I couldn't text her anymore nor receive her calls because of my insufficient balance. It was really awful.

If I could describe Zouk in one word, I would say RETRO for that night. Hahahahaha. I also didn't expect it to look like that when I arrived because it all looked really nice in the internet. But I guess that was just for promotional purposes. It was a great advantage that we were girls because we had free entrance: Mambo Jambo Night (Ladies Night). The songs at the beginning were really way better but everything became dragging as time passed. It was totally my first time to see a club with certain dance steps to an 80s groove. I also thought that the choice of songs were kind of lame because there are really a lot of good 80s songs out there. I am deeply sorry I am being mean but I did not have that fun "dancing" the whole night away. Good thing I had good company or else I am dead. T_T
When we were still ENJOYING ((:

On me: H&M black ruffled mini dress * black leggings * F21 black heels * F21 silver chained tote bag * silver bangles
Daphne, ate Sen and I rode a taxi to Mcdonalds (I don't remember which district anymore). The taxi driver was really bad because he kept distracting us. He had us talking about our trip. I just realized that he passed by this meter lane wherein the meter goes up pass midnight. He really tricked us. But the best thing about it was we were safe. Daphne's feet were really pained because of her shoes. I had my Rubi shoes with me so I put them on though they also hurt so bad because of the wounds I had. :(( Daphne dozed off for awhile. Ate Sen and I talked about some serious stuff about life. It was great talking to her like that. I really appreciated her presence that night.

Because we still had not shopped for food to bring home yet, we went to Mustafa Center at Little India. It was already deserted though there were a couple of Indians in front of the center. I was really afraid at that time because they looked kind of scary. But I didn't mind looking at them. I was too scared to do so. Ate Sen also said one man motioned to his friend about something like, "Here are the people from the third world." Whatda. It was like the most insulting thing to say! Again, we just didn't mind and kept on. The Mustafa Center was really big and it has a wide range of foods to choose from. The prices of the goods were also cheaper. I did shop for some goods that I would not normally find back home.

Actually, I did a terrible thing when I was looking over some bracelets. I really didn't know that they were made of glass or something. So when I touched one and it fell down, one bracelet got broken into pieces. I have never done that before so I was really scared. I stooped down and put the pieces back into the rack. I surveyed for hidden cameras around but they were far enough and focused on the jewels. When I stood, I acted like I was a normal person again though I couldn't hold it any longer. I saw the woman passed by the bracelets and she picked up some of the broken bracelets left and put them back on the rack like nothing happened. Then I determined where she was going. When I was sure she was not going to fetch the manager, I went up to Daphne and ate Sen and asked if we could leave. Hahahaha. Bad Kaye, indeed. I repented. ((:


Daphne and I still had to pack our things back in the hostel. We thought ate Sen could get some real sleep too. So we decided to part ways and said our good byes for the last time (we thought it was the LAST hee hee). More on this matter tomorrow. We rode our separate taxi cabs and ours went straight to Betel Box Hostel.

No rest at all. But what a crazy/beautiful day....

You Might Also Like

2 comments

Instagram

All rights reserved. © 2018 Kaye Sigua

Everything in this blog is created by the owner unless otherwise stated. (:


Total Pageviews