Re: #MYKAsamanasiPAUL ๐ŸŒณ

I want to honor and congratulate the newlyweds through a blog post (the K way :p). My Marimba with Flora From Bride Squad to Ma...

I want to honor and congratulate the newlyweds through a blog post (the K way :p).

My Marimba with Flora

From Bride Squad to Marriage Squad 


The Spinosaurus

Being asked by the bride to become a bridesmaid hit me by surprise. Even though I am the sister of the groom, I never expected that I would be part of the people who would support the bride until her wedding day and even beyond. It wasn't because we were not good friends. The truth was I didn't think that I was close enough to deserve the role. Hihi!


Photo by Quirky Creatives

During our college years, I witnessed how the bride walked with God faithfully, continually being shaped into His likeness. She is no doubt a leader who follows God and serves Him wholeheartedly. She is a ray of light to her family and friends. When she and my brother entered into courtship and then relationship, she instantly became a sister that I could bond with. I am even blessed to see how she grew into a woman with so much passion and grace. 



No words can express how grateful I am that such a woman is now married to my brother. Instead of this hitting me by surprise, it gives me peace because the love that she shares with my brother is an epitome of the unconditional, compassionate, and sacrificial love of God. 

I am honored to serve as her marimba. In a second, I will join whatever squad she asks me to be in. 


Of Brother

Photo by Mommy

My brother, whom people mostly described as the opposite of me when we were younger, is actually one of the few people I could resonate with the most. I am more expressive than him but we could be both comfortable in silence and still feel each other's love. In his own ways, he showers me with his sudden gestures of gentleness and protectiveness. Growing up with him is more pleasant than chaotic. He has always been a brother that I tirelessly reach out to even though sometimes, he annoyingly looks at me and seldom talks to me first (makulit at masungit kasi ako minsan). Hahaha! 

Photo by Mommy
When he entered into courtship and then a relationship, I knew that it was part of God's timing for him to be the man that he was called to be and where he was being led. Our family witnessed how his character was shaped by various trials. But he was a brave, calm man whose strength comes from the Lord. Even though many people could have told him otherwise, he faithfully followed the path that God laid out for him---a path where he thrives.


Photo by Quirky Creatives


I will never forget the day when he craved for God with all his heart, soul, mind, and strength. It was the time when I saw that he was ready to fully love another person. I am so proud of the man that he has become. There is no doubt that he will continue to lead and love his family, wife, future children, and anyone else in the same way God loves.





I am so thankful to be a part of a beautiful and creative love story, crafted by the most beautiful and creative Author of All.

Congratulations Myka and Paul! To God be the glory!

You Might Also Like

2 comments

Instagram

All rights reserved. © 2018 Kaye Sigua

Everything in this blog is created by the owner unless otherwise stated. (:


Total Pageviews