A Visit to Cat Café Manila

On the 5th of May, I visited Cat Café Manila with my mom and our dentist and friend, Dra. Carmen. This was the first time I entered a caf...

On the 5th of May, I visited Cat Café Manila with my mom and our dentist and friend, Dra. Carmen. This was the first time I entered a café filled with animals. This was also the first time I genuinely interacted with Puspins (mga Pusang Pilipinas) because I initially disliked cats of any kind. My cat, Jiji, a Scottish fold put an end to this. I owe her big thanks for the sudden change. I plan to write about her on a different blogpost soon. Cats are adorable creatures!


Cat Café Manila is located at 189 Maginhawa St. Corner Makadios St., Sikatuna Village, Quezon City. The café was a little confusing for us to find because the banners of all the stores located in the building were scattered in one large metal sign board. Coming from Magiting to Maginhawa, the banner was not fully visible and easy to spot. A better position for the banner could help and attract more passersby. 

Cat Café Manila is a safe-haven for the cats. It is very homey and it is definitely a cat's dream playground. It is also safe for humans too! Before coming into the café, visitors need to sanitize and read the important reminders and rules to follow. Visitors can interact freely with the cats while enjoying a cup of coffee, sipping cool drinks, and munching on pastries such as cupcakes and mantou (bun/bread). The menu is perfect for light snacking.


The cafe also has a little shop filled with kawaii merchandise. They sell accessories with Totoro on them!


The cats in the café have different personalities. When we came in, most of them were sleeping because their lunch time had just ended.

All of the cats have their own name tags: Ling-Ling, Bicco, Trigger, Shaira, Mama Cat, Chaka, Domino, Sasha, Monching, BG, and Nacho. The cats' names match their personalities well. I was able to meet all cats except for Monching and Oreo.

Sweet Ling Ling. She's cross-eyed.
Domino
Don't disturb Domino when he's sleeping.
Naco, the kitten. :3
Bicco is my favorite. :3
Adorable and playful.
Introverted Tigger
Sweet Sasha
Friendly BG
The friendliest is Chaka.
Orea is MIA.
She lives up to her name.
The cat's playground is definitely a dream. One of the owners she asked someone who creates homes for cats to help build the playground. This is brilliant animal architecture! I want Jiji to have a playground like this one day in my future home.


There is also a very helpful bulletin board about cat language, CARA info, and other information about cats that we enjoyed reading. I love these two..


The best thing about this Cat Café Manila is the advocacy of its owners to take care of cats and provide them the most suitable home. The P200 entrance fee is divided into P100 consumable and P100 goes to CARA (Compassion and Responsibility for Animals) Welfare Philippines, a non-profit and non-government organization that promote animal welfare and compassion to animals and responsible pet ownership. Due to the partnership between Cat Café Manila and CARA, you can adopt a cat by following the steps below. You can also check out CARA's website for more details: http://www.caraphil.org/.


Because of the advocacy, I will definitely want to come back and see where the cats have gone. The owners are accomodating and friendly too! Thank you for accommodating us, Cat Café Manila! (:


You can check them out and make reservations in the following social media sites written on their window glass as shown in the picture below. Or you can drop in and if it is not a busy day, then you might have the chance to enter without a reservation. Because we have no idea about the shop's policies at all, we did the latter! ((:


Purrrrrrr!

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. Hi Kaye! :) thanks for posting this. I didn't want to go to any cat cafe before reading your post. I thought that I wouldn't like going because I already have cats at home. Inisip ko, sila na lang lalaruin ko. Di ba? :)) I read kasi about another cat cafe that only has the owner's cats inside it. At least this cat cafe has an advocacy. And para pala siyang foster homes for the cats na hindi pa adopted. Tama ba intindi ko? Haha. Anyway, will visit this before school starts - hopefully. Paging Joni (siya kasi nagyayaya sa akin magpunta dito. ;))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome! I'm happy to know that writing this helped another person. (:

      Naisip ko rin 'yan. Why go to a cafe with animals when you can just play with your own pets? I think I know the cat cafe you are referring to. Hindi ko pa rin nabibisita 'yun though I am also curious. Nakapunta ka na ba? Sama ka sa amin nila Joy, Joni, at Ella! At dapat puntahan ninyo 'tong Cat Cafe Manila ni Joni. ;)

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the invite! Sama nga ako sa inyo. Nasabi sa akin ni Joni. :))

    ReplyDelete

Instagram

All rights reserved. © 2018 Kaye Sigua

Everything in this blog is created by the owner unless otherwise stated. (:


Total Pageviews