In Faith: Fight, Peace, and Rest

Exactly three years ago, September 3, 2011, I received a prophecy from the husband of our good family friend. He was a prophet who received ...

Exactly three years ago, September 3, 2011, I received a prophecy from the husband of our good family friend. He was a prophet who received a Word from God to go to our house that day and share to me what God wanted to tell me about my future. What I received from God that day was more than what I expected to happen in my life. It encompassed more than where my imagination could bring me. I'm not writing to share about His Word to me. I'm writing to share to you what He always teaches me to do whenever I receive a Word from Him.

1. Fight for it.

When a person truly believes in a Word from God, he/she can stand firm in his faith. Faithfully, he/she will believe in it even though the whole world stands against it. His/her faith will linger and become stronger. Fight the good fight of faith (1 Timothy 6:12)!

2. Hold your peace.

Fighting for something does not usually involve weapons and arms. In peace, a person can fight without causing pain or destruction to others and to himself/herself. I am sure holding our peace is not an easy task. But it is an act of honoring God, letting Him fulfill His promises, and letting Him fight our battles for us.

3. Remain at rest.

During a battle, resting seems odd. How can one be at rest when everything around him/her appears to be falling apart? But rest does not necessarily entail that one is lying down or sleeping. When a person holds peace in his/her heart, then he/she is capable of resting whether in stable or rocky grounds. In the book of Mark, Chapter 4, Jesus was in a storm with His disciples and He was sleeping. Then He was awakened by His disciples because they were worried that He did not care about them and they were afraid to drown. Like Jesus, we could remain at rest in a storm. He has the power to command the winds and the waters. In a storm, we can have faith in Him and His Word.

Until now, I could not picture how He is going to fulfill His Word. But I am blessed to be able to see and understand that He is currently in the process of fulfilling it. In some days, He may look like He is not working at all. But even if He is not looking like it, He is moving. He is truly the God that can make all things possible. Nothing can stand against Him. In every promise given, He only asks one thing from us. And that is to have faith in Him.

Believe that "the Lord will fight for you, and you shall hold your peace and remain at rest" (Exodus 14:14).

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram

All rights reserved. © 2018 Kaye Sigua

Everything in this blog is created by the owner unless otherwise stated. (:


Total Pageviews