Our Eighth

Dear God, Eight years have developed me into the woman whom I have never imagined myself to be. Perfection could not describe the ch...



Dear God,

Eight years have developed me into the woman whom I have never imagined myself to be. Perfection could not describe the change that I have undergone. Still a human, I stumbled down and made mistakes. But despite it all, You were there for me at the end of every single day to lend a hand, a shoulder, and a gentle reassurance that I still have your Love. All was meant and right. 

Your Mercy has saved me from myself. Looking back, I could have been surrounded with the wrong people, done things I would regret, and elevated myself above everything else. But you made me turn my back on them and face a life full of meaning and purpose. A life lived in Your presence. Something that I would look back happily and be forever thankful.

As I was reading the Secret of Leadership booklet yesterday in the learning center, I came across some paragraphs that made a huge impact on me. Let me share the words You intended for me to read.
The way to live is to die. The way up is down. The way to lead is to serve. 
You get everything when you give everything away. 
You take that small job and remain faithful to it, and you serve and serve, and give and give, you begin as a servant. Greatness begins with servitude.
O God, thank you for my life. Thank you that I am alive. Thank you for my wonderful family and friends. Thank you for my small-paying but rewarding job. Thank you for the gift of teaching and service. Thank you for my challenging graduate studies. And thank you for every experience, whether big or small, that expanded my knowledge and wisdom. Thank you for a great heart. I am living this day grateful for the past and hopeful for the future.

Happy birthday to you and me! Let's celebrate this day together..

Always,
K

You Might Also Like

1 comments

Instagram

All rights reserved. © 2018 Kaye Sigua

Everything in this blog is created by the owner unless otherwise stated. (:


Total Pageviews