Just Say Yes

I just finished my first decent meal for the day and I decided to write instead of doing things I needed to do. Well, those could still w...


I just finished my first decent meal for the day and I decided to write instead of doing things I needed to do. Well, those could still wait. Thinking about everything that happened this weekend, I have no regrets whatsoever. I believe God taught me a very important thing: obedience.

I admit that I have my shortcomings when it comes to helping out in the home. Due to my two jobs (1 full-time and 1 part-time), MA studies, church ministries, and personal endeavors, managing my time becomes really difficult. Like most people, I tend to overdo some things and forget about the others. I am totally guilty of this. It happens all the time. That is why I need refocusing and frequent reminders.

Tonight, God gave me one of His frequent reminders. Our Victory Group met at church around 1 o'clock in the afternoon to visit M/V Logos Hope (I'll blog about this some other time). Before going out, I fixed some of my things inside my room. I didn't eat a decent breakfast and a lunch but only breads, cookies, and a siopao. Receiving a text from my mother about my chore, I planned to do it when I get home. Along with my Victory Group friends, I attended church at 5pm service. However, I did not understand the Word because we were standing at the back. So I decided to go home and attended the 7pm service with my family. Despite the lack of time for other plans, I am still glad I attended. I also gave tights to God. I love the Word tonight. There was a bulb lighting up on top of my head. I simply said, "Yes, God" tonight.

When we got home and God seemed to say, "It is time to do your chore," I decided to obey up to the moment that I finished it. I am the type of person who would not stop with a chore until it is finished. So when dinner time came, I chose to finish my chore although I was already starving to death and my whole family was eating. I did not do it to annoy them but to show myself that this was a chore I have missed to do this week though it was only given today. Still, I have missed out on helping in the home.

Whenever I do my chores, I am always thinking about the future. I must have said this already in one of my tweets but I wanted to write it down anyway. As early as it may sound, I have always prayed for the family that I am going to have in the future. I wanted them to help me out in the home without me giving them orders or reminding them all the time. May kusa. May mga katulong man o wala. I don't want them to be like me today who always forget chores and do less important tasks. Unlike the men in our home, I want them to prioritize taking care of the home as well. I need them to have the initiative. But like I said, women also have their shortcomings. I also need to develop myself to become a person with initiative (and not procastinating) first.

I want to thank God for His reminders every now and then. I want to thank Him because instead of missing church, tutoring, doing tasks that could still be postponed, I am hearing from Him. Now, I chose not to only believe in His Will but to follow His Way as well. I believe all of these home training and family guidance that I am getting are beneficial for my life in the future. They could be annoying to me now or there might be a need for sacrifices. But in the end, I believe that His Way will bring out the best in me. Why disobey Him now right?!

Oh, God! You always help me stay on track. And every time you do, I promise to simply say "Yes."

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram

All rights reserved. © 2018 Kaye Sigua

Everything in this blog is created by the owner unless otherwise stated. (:


Total Pageviews